Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to adjust the hand brake cable. I had the brake adjusted, but the emergency brake will not hold the car on an incline. I pull the brake handle all the way up, but it is close to holding the car.

Frank

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris, i was hoping there was a way to adjust the cable, it appears it needs to be shorter. When I pull the handle it travels all the was up. I read about pulling the handle up 3timws, but that didn't work. I guess the break shoes are not self adjusting as tou back up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
there is a pawl that catches and adjusts the cable, mine was froze up.lubed with WD40 and now it works .when you pull up on the lever this catches and adjusts the cable.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So how do you get to this, from underneath or do you remove anything from the in side?

·
Registered
41 Posts
if you pull on the park brake lever and it does not click this could be the problem, if it clicks then its working. i removed the pass seat and console to remove lever and the boot, its on the lever assembly. it only engages when you pull up on the lever.hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts