Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently aquired a 2002 z06 and I was seeing what it would do today, I must say I am not very impressed. It didnt feel like I thought it would, I'm thinking it might be skipping when i mash on it. I didnt really notice anything wierd untill 4th gear around 110 or so, it sounded like the car was sputtering and skipping. The car has 24k miles on it so a plug shouldnt be bad right? No abnormal sounds from the engine. I have driven the car be4 in the past and it seemed much faster. Only mods are CAI and programer.

I might change the plugs on my day off.

should run some octane booster or something through it?

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have an 02 Z06 and my car does not do that. You might want to get the car checked out. Maybe it needs a good tune...

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
It definitely has a problem, that car should give you nothing but thrills.

You "acquired" it? What is the cars history?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no codes, I didn't notice it untill forth gear, I havent run it really since then.
My father bought himself a 2003 z06 with some mods and im buying the 2002 he had. The thing is, It has never done this when i drove it untill last night.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Has to be something wrong. 110 mph is nothing for a C5Z06. Just a thought, but could you have been hitting the rev limiter in 4th gear? I am guessing that would be about the time for a 5th gear shift, but I will defer to the far more knowledgeble members here. I know I about run out of 5th gear at 150mph + or -

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have stock gears in mine, i had it up to like 125 or so in 4th with plenty left to go.. Im gonna get headers soon and ill just change my plugs while i do it then ill get it dyno tuned and we will see from there i guess.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Is it showing any codes? Does the car do this at the same rpm in any other gear? Is it speed related or engine rpm related?
Im having a similar issue now. Mine is RPM related, specifically around the 4-5K range

Any help/advice welcomed!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts