Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 ZO6 with approximately 19,500 miles. At about 14,000 miles it started displaying a nasty tendency to try to go into the reverse gate while shifting to 5th. (!) It has done it several times with a startling grind. I'm afraid the synchronizers won't take much of this crap. It does not happen very frequently, but it occasionally does slip over into the reverse gate. I did not think the shifter would allow this to happen while in a forward gear. I have never liked this shifter, it has no feel at all. The only change I have made is to add a CAGS "skip shift eliminator" at about 4,000 miles. I don't believe this has anything to do with the current problem. I have a new Hurst billet shifter that I would like to install, but am a little concerned about the synchronizers after a few grinding shift attempts. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any ideas as to where to look? Thanks,
ZO6john

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
It sounds like you have a rev lock out gate or solenoid going bad. I don't know if these are replaceable externally to the tranny or not. You should not be able to shift to rev at an thing over I believe 3 mph with out a great amount of force. It is not a function of the shifter. Hopefully some one has a little more knowledge on the subject than I and can help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts