Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a 1998 coupe. A friend is selling me Z06b sway bars. 1. what is the measurment of 04 Z sway bars 2.And would I see a handleing difference putting them in over my stock bars. They dont look much bigger on the internet I dont want to buy them if they wont do anything for handleling.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I installed C5 Z06 sway bars on my 2004 vert. I did this primarily to improve handling/cornering associated with my larger aftermarket wheels/tires.

I noticed a significant improvement immediately, especially in the corners.

I don't know that actual diameter, however there was a noticeable difference in ride as the steering felt a lot tighter.

:thumbsup:

·
Banned
591 Posts
go aftermarket for more bang for the buck

·
Registered
389 Posts
Base C5 & C6 are 23mm Front & 19 mm Rear.
C5 ZO6 are 30mm Front & 23.6mm Rear.

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Hey guys I have a 1998 coupe. A friend is selling me Z06b sway bars. 1. what is the measurment of 04 Z sway bars 2.And would I see a handleing difference putting them in over my stock bars. They dont look much bigger on the internet I dont want to buy them if they wont do anything for handleling.
I'd say they are 25% stiffer or so. Stiffness rate is like 1.9 in the front for Z51, with the Z06 bars being more like 2.4 in the front.

courtesy of www.pfadtracing.com

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
You should install the metal endlinks while you're at it for the proper benefit.

I went to Z06 speedlines and then added the Z06 sways and links... big difference. I then went all the way and added shocks and springs, but you'll see a difference in the corners right away, especdially if your using the wider wheels and tires.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does anyone know where Eibach swaybars would fall on this chart. They are the same size as my stock bars. But they claim to be stonger and an improvement based on what they are made of?

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Does anyone know where Eibach swaybars would fall on this chart. They are the same size as my stock bars. But they claim to be stonger and an improvement based on what they are made of?
I would suggest just saving up for a set of Pfadt sway bars. Do it right the first time around :thumbsup:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Pfadt suspension

As soon as I am able, I'm buying the Johnny O'Connell set of torsion bars and shocks from Pfadt. Unless they want me to road test and report as a daily driver/street guy with a free set of JO'D's - then I'll get on it right now! :thumbsup: :partyon:

·
Banned
591 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts