Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maryland Raceway....Couldn't believe it! mods are drag rads, ecu,tcu, programming by AMG 94/104 race gas mix....That's it!

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
I bet they'd be excited about that on a Mercedes site. :laughing:

How much does he have into the car now in total?

That's when reality hits.:laughing:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing besides stock, he bought the car like this tuned special by AMG from the factory, nothing extra, besides vehicle purchase price, drag rads, some race gas lol..You should find some awe in this, I do, I own a C6, & you gotta admit that's a damned impressive run!:surprised

I've seen lots of C6's w/superchargers run mid to low 11's this CL600 weighs 4500lbs it's a freak!

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Nothing besides stock, he bought the car like this tuned special by AMG from the factory, nothing extra, besides vehicle purchase price, drag rads, some race gas lol..You should find some awe in this, I do, I own a C6, & you gotta admit that's a damned impressive run!:surprised

I've seen lots of C6's w/superchargers run mid to low 11's this CL600 weighs 4500lbs it's a freak!
That's what I'm talking about. It's a 4500 lb car that costs as much as a house. It better run 11's, because it certainly can't corner for crap and he'll get passed on the inside of a turn by a bone stock Mustang with a 6 banger.

I guess I've lost interest in time slips because every car has it's trade offs. I could put together a $15k el camino that pulls 9's... but I wouldn't want to take clients out in it.

To me if you want bragging rights you need to take it to a road course... where braking, handling and acceleration all come in to play.

His time slips are cool, but I can never get over the ridiculous amount of money those cars cost. For the price, it better turn 11's.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I'm talking about. It's a 4500 lb car that costs as much as a house. It better run 11's, because it certainly can't corner for crap and he'll get passed on the inside of a turn by a bone stock Mustang with a 6 banger.

I guess I've lost interest in time slips because every car has it's trade offs. I could put together a $15k el camino that pulls 9's... but I wouldn't want to take clients out in it.

To me if you want bragging rights you need to take it to a road course... where braking, handling and acceleration all come in to play.

His time slips are cool, but I can never get over the ridiculous amount of money those cars cost. For the price, it better turn 11's.
Here's the part that stings! used these 600 Twin Turbo models ie 2003-2005 are plummeting in value, since the newer body styles have hit the shores from Germany, they can be had for mid 40's to mid 60's:surprised not all have this ECU/TCU tuning from AMG option, it can easily be purchased from Renntech/Kleemann for 5k and you have a super car w/outlandish luxury, I'm deff biding my time purchase of 1 of these used uber beasts is iminent.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Here's the part that stings! used these 600 Twin Turbo models ie 2003-2005 are plummeting in value, since the newer body styles have hit the shores from Germany, they can be had for mid 40's to mid 60's:surprised not all have this ECU/TCU tuning from AMG option, it can easily be purchased from Renntech/Kleemann for 5k and you have a super car w/outlandish luxury, I'm deff biding my time purchase of 1 of these used uber beasts is iminent.
Save your bucks. Take a Volvo T6R, tweak the turbo motor. Add the factory available rally suspension, wheels, Konis. It would be faster, quicker, AWD, and outhandle the Benz.

So far none of these I have run across in Dallas live up to hype. They are fast but I've seen faster.

:cheers:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Save your bucks. Take a Volvo T6R, tweak the turbo motor. Add the factory available rally suspension, wheels, Konis. It would be faster, quicker, AWD, and outhandle the Benz.

So far none of these I have run across in Dallas live up to hype. They are fast but I've seen faster.

:cheers:
It's not all about the speed, Volvo styling, interior etc..can't hold a candle to the mystique & prestige of a modern benz, I used to own a supercharged S class w220 2001, verry kool luxury mobile!

·
Registered
179 Posts
It's not all about the speed, Volvo styling, interior etc..can't hold a candle to the mystique & prestige of a modern benz, I used to own a supercharged S class w220 2001, verry kool luxury mobile![/agreed

past owner of a clk430 not anywhere near a cl,cl's are the sh8izzoit

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's not all about the speed, Volvo styling, interior etc..can't hold a candle to the mystique & prestige of a modern benz, I used to own a supercharged S class w220 2001, verry kool luxury mobile![/agreed

past owner of a clk430 not anywhere near a cl,cl's are the sh8izzoit
What the the w220 S class isn't as nice as a CL? of same year? the S is the best of the best, Mercedes flagship, although same materials were used in both interiors, the CL interior has super awesome interior I agree! ut the w220 was very close, the clk430 was ok at best..No comparison to S, Cl, E, CLS, SLR, although the brand new CLK500 or 550 is hot there all upgraded interiors is 1 of their major strengths 2nd behind their crazze hp torque...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts