Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the pricing will be on a used 05 corvette? I'm interested in one thanks

·
Only green will do...
18,388 Posts
Check kelly blue book that should give you the info you need

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Searching the net I find prices from 54,995 to 30,995... there are a lot of factors that determine the price of a car. Area, condition, miles, ect.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea its almost not worth buying an 05. i might as well just buy a new one. better to have a brand new one then a used one

·
Registered
167 Posts
yea its almost not worth buying an 05. i might as well just buy a new one. better to have a brand new one then a used one
Yep, I'm thinking the same thing. Be sure to check out the supporting dealers - there are some nice deals from Corvette Conti and Kerbeck, at least. Rick has some new ones that seem to be cheaper than the slightly used ones on eBay.

I personally have C5 money but C6 taste. If I get a C6, it might as well be a new one. Otherwise, any nice C5 would be great as well.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i dont need to check out the supporting dealers b/c im going to be working at chevrolet in a week and a half. im curious how much employee discount will be. anyone have an idea of how much employee pricing is off msrp in percentage?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Im in the same boat your in firebird400, I have C5 money with C6 taste, ill just wait for the right priced C6 to come around. With the 08s coming out with the new engine and a boost in HP, im thinking there will be some really good prices this fall on 05 thru 07 models.

·
Registered
167 Posts
well i dont need to check out the supporting dealers b/c im going to be working at chevrolet in a week and a half. im curious how much employee discount will be. anyone have an idea of how much employee pricing is off msrp in percentage?
I've read that the employee discount is about 13.4% off MSRP for the base price, then 20% off MSRP for the options.

CorvetteConti is offering GMS pricing, which is (I think) the same as the employee discount. So you can still support someone who supports the site and get the great price on an in-stock 2007:thumbsup:
Im in the same boat your in firebird400, I have C5 money with C6 taste, ill just wait for the right priced C6 to come around. With the 08s coming out with the new engine and a boost in HP, im thinking there will be some really good prices this fall on 05 thru 07 models.
That would rock, because I think the pricing is pretty great on in-stock 2007s at EVS Chevrolet and some others. If it gets better (even on the used market), then that's great news for you and me!

·
Registered
34 Posts
No doubt fb400. When you say the pricing is good on in stock 07 models, are you talking Z51 or base models? I would rather have a Z51, wouldnt you? Me and my girl rode my streetbike to a bike show last night, the last one for a while, cuz today its for sale for my Corvette fund, shes finally come to accept it. Its gonna be hard to part with the bike, but its for a good cause!! Ill pick up a another bike next spring.

·
Registered
167 Posts
No doubt fb400. When you say the pricing is good on in stock 07 models, are you talking Z51 or base models? I would rather have a Z51, wouldnt you? Me and my girl rode my streetbike to a bike show last night, the last one for a while, cuz today its for sale for my Corvette fund, shes finally come to accept it. Its gonna be hard to part with the bike, but its for a good cause!! Ill pick up a another bike next spring.
I am not ready to buy until next year, but CorvetteConti at EVS Chevrolet is offering all of his in-stock 2007s (go to www.corvetteconti.com and click on the inventory list on the right side of the screen) for the GMS price. You'd have to ask him for a specific number, but from what I've read elsewhere, it's 13.4% MSRP for the base car and 20% off MSRP for the options (except destination). You'd save more money (in terms of total $) on a better equipped one, but assuming those % discounts are correct, my calculations last night were showing a savings of $6,000 to $7,000+ off MSRP.

Yeah, I'd probably want a Z51 and F55. I haven't driven a Z51 since the C4 generation, so I'd need to be sure that it was comfortable for daily driving. I would not be racing the car, but I do like the upgraded/heavy duty components you get for your $1500 or so on the package.

I'm torn about how else to equip the car, though. I don't really want the painted roof except to possibly have both roofs at trade-in time. I never close the shade in the regular sunroof in my "normal" car. I like the power sport seats and side airbags that the 2LT gets, and really like the heated seats, HomeLink, steering wheel controls, HUD and Bose that come with the 3LT package. I like navigation in my vehicle that has it, but am not sure if I'd need it in a Vette for the extra $1700. And then I'm talking about a Corvette with a $58k MSRP instead of the $44k base price. :(

So for me, it comes down to three choices:

1. Buy a clean, low mileage C5 in Summer 2008, pay it off, then trade up to a C6.
2. Buy a new C6 with just the basics - probably a Z51 1LT with no navigation, F55, etc - in Summer 2008, which would be a stretch for me $ wise.
3. Buy a new C6 just how I want it in Summer 2009 - waiting an extra year so I could better afford it.

I'm 32 now, and I don't want to have to wait until I'm in my 50s to enjoy my favorite car of all time. I'm working on getting my wife to understand that. She's said "maybe" to a Corvette next year, but not to a new one. So I'll see what happens. I don't have a bike or third car that I could trde in to make it easier to buy - I'm going to keep my Accord sedan for another few years if I get a Vette, for commuting to work, and driving on rainy days.

·
Only green will do...
18,388 Posts
Firebird 400 you have evrything down to a t man good luck i am in the same boat but want a 1999- 2002 doesnt matter best of luck on your voyage/journey on getting the vette:thumbsup:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thanks Chuck. This will definitely be the most thoroughly researched purchase in my life. I'm not even going to waste dealers' time though, until I am closer to buying, with money in hand. I'll just keep stalking deals online and staring at photos every day. ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Fb400 I just dont know if I can bring myself to ever buy new again, there is such a loss after it leaves the lot. Im gonna buy used, just almost brand new used, it just makes sense, ever more if your on a tight budget. Ive always had toys: streetbike, boat,jetski jeeps, I have always wanted a Vette and I plan on having that toy also, just gotta plan it properly. Hope your wife falls in line, my wife to be (spet 1st.) is cool with my purchase because I made sure to get rid of her POS saturn and bought her a Jeep Grand Cherokee thats really nice, leather, sunroof, heated seats, so shes not complaining at all when I roll home with the new toy. Im keeping my Eagle Talon for my daily commuter vehicle back and forth to work, it gets 30mpg so im set there. Good luck brother!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes i agree buying brand new is losing a lot of money. dealers usualy have "demo" vehicals that are basically new but with some low miles. thats how we just bought a infiniti m35. good luck with your vette purchase. keep checking online sites and stuff. i know you can get c5 vettes for cheap.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts