Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 coupe with Bose stereo/navigation/XM radio that I am wanting to upgrade to a Kenwood DDX6705S. The new unit has Apple CarPlay so navigation isn’t needed, but I’m having trouble figuring out the Sirius radio connections.

I purchased the wiring harness but it appears I have to also purchase a new Sirius XM tuner/antenna kit.

Is there any way I can use the factory antenna on my car? Nothing that I can see fits the plugs on new installation kits.

Also, is there anything else I should know about switching from a 2005 Bose head unit to a Kenwood, like other incompatible issues?

Any help is appreciated.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,393 Posts
I had some of the same issues when I swapped out the Bose in my '04 (yeah, I know C5 not C6) I needed to get an XM/Sirius module and a speaker harness since I was using the stock speakers and also had to get a little antenna adapter to make my antenna cable compatible with the head unit. For the XM antenna, I used the one that came with the new XM tuner and mounted it under the fender. One nice thing about the Vette now being a metal body:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I picked up a Sirius/XM module today, but I can’t find a good location to mount the antenna. Magnetic mount won’t stick to anything!

Any suggestions on how I can use the factory antenna?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts