Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just finsihed putting 3200 miles on my Z06. After 1000 miles on it, it has been on a 925 mile trip and a 1300 mile trip. Most of the time cruising at 75-80 with a few good throttle burst to pass, merge onto the freeway, or after stopping at the toll booth. When I got home after the 925 mile trip, oil was down 1/2 qt and 1 qt for the 1300 mile trip. Has anybody else seen this or is this normal for this engine? I found out that you are suppose to check the oil when the engine is HOT not COLD like other cars. By the way, here's a picture of the new Z in the Rockies with Longs Peak near Estes Park, CO. in the background, more are on my Web Site under Slide Shows.

·
Sir Dude
17,444 Posts
We have 10k on ours oil changed every 3k has not use more than 1/4 of a qt between changes.... that would be about 1 qt every 13,000 miles..I cut it no slack ...love to pull 7000 rpms in 1 and 2nd .... what a rush....

·
Registered
2 Posts
im not an expert but my understanding is that you must break the motor in .that means bring that thing up to 7000rpm a little more often .that will seat those rings. give it a couple thousand more miles if it keeps burnin oil bring it in.

·
Banned
1,905 Posts
My former Z06

B & V VETTES said:
I just finsihed putting 3200 miles on my Z06. After 1000 miles on it, it has been on a 925 mile trip and a 1300 mile trip. Most of the time cruising at 75-80 with a few good throttle burst to pass, merge onto the freeway, or after stopping at the toll booth. When I got home after the 925 mile trip, oil was down 1/2 qt and 1 qt for the 1300 mile trip. Has anybody else seen this or is this normal for this engine? I found out that you are suppose to check the oil when the engine is HOT not COLD like other cars. By the way, here's a picture of the new Z in the Rockies with Longs Peak near Estes Park, CO. in the background, more are on my Web Site under Slide Shows.
Hi Bill. I thought you told me that the car did "GREAT" on the trip? I did not lose $12,000 on this car from a CONTI sale for you to have trouble??

What Gives???:surprised

·
Banned
1,905 Posts
Happy everything is fine now Bill

Hot Z06 said:
Hi Bill. I thought you told me that the car did "GREAT" on the trip? I did not lose $12,000 on this car from a CONTI sale for you to have trouble??

What Gives???:surprised
Good to hear that you found out that it was just a mistake of when to check your oil!! You are a fine man Bill!! You have a great corvette collection!!

Rick.:excited:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts