Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can see the writing on the walls already. How many of you out there with a 2006 A6 think there is going to be interference between the new audio controls on the 07 steering wheel and the "Paddle Shifters" ? Just seems to me there might be a problem. :WTF

(By problem, I mean accidently hitting the audio controls while exercising the shifters.)

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
There very well could be a problem!

·
Registered
122 Posts
That's why I'm buying the MN6 '07.

·
Registered
28 Posts
No - not unless you are digitally challenged. Unless the cruise controls are put on the steering wheel, like any modestly priced car these days, you are more likely to get tangled up with the paddles in adjusting the antique cruise control IMHO.;)

·
Registered
641 Posts
Audio controls on the wheel are an option. Don't get em' if you don't want them. IMHO, the wheel looks lopsided with controls only on one side. They should have put the cruise on the other side to balance it out.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
246 Posts
snc said:
Audio controls on the wheel are an option. Don't get em' if you don't want them. IMHO, the wheel looks lopsided with controls only on one side. They should have put the cruise on the other side to balance it out.:thumbsup:
Yeh, I agree with that! The old GM stalk mounted cruise is just dumb. Glad to see the radio controls on there though!! :excited:

·
Registered
520 Posts
You've got to be shittin' me! How can some "automotive designer" think that it's OK to put the controls on one side, and NOT the other!???

That is SOOOO FUGLY! I am PISSED! My order for a 07' Z06 is coming up - I wanted the 2 LZ w/ navi package, but that is HIDIOUS!

How could they think that looked OK!???

Do you think there is a possibility to get the 2LZ WITHOUT those controls?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ogolden1 said:
You've got to be shittin' me! How can some "automotive designer" think that it's OK to put the controls on one side, and NOT the other!???

That is SOOOO FUGLY! I am PISSED! My order for a 07' Z06 is coming up - I wanted the 2 LZ w/ navi package, but that is HIDIOUS!

How could they think that looked OK!???

Do you think there is a possibility to get the 2LZ WITHOUT those controls?
:agree: ...but I'm afraid they come with the premium radio which is part of the 2LZ package. Therefore, we're stck with this fugly arrangement.
I know it's a small item relative to the performance intent of this car...but how could the new guy see this and let it go into production? Should have delayed or ditch it day one on the job. Don't do it if you can't do it right. If this half ass commitee work is representative of Tom Wallace's leadership....for the first time I'm concerned for the future of the Corvette. If he could screw up this no brainer....what do you think he'll do on the inevitable trade offs necessary to maintain the integrity of the legend?:thud:

·
Registered
525 Posts
It is the same old stuff. When the c-6 came out with the 4 spoke, there were pictures of it with a Dough Boy's head on it. I like the 05 better then the 06/07. The leather on the spokes goes all the way to the wheel instead of the brushed aluminun pieces that are there now. But it doesn't make too much difference when you are driving a 400hp car with Z51.
Come on guys I know 1000 people that would take my car with a steering wheel from a 1957 Ford pick up truck!
There are other issues GM could have addresed on the C-6, and most of them have been discused on this site, but they have put enough time and money into the thing you hang onto when you are grining from ear to ear.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I thought Rick said that the wheel audio controls were optional. Regardless of what package you bought you could take 'em or leave 'em. What is the official story Rick?

·
Registered
99 Posts
snc said:
I agree, it does look unbalanced. But, give GM a break, they have to save something for the 2008 changes.:D

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
snc said:
:agree:

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Saturn sky wheel.

Stuff on both sides of wheel.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sooooooooooo,
what does the steering wheel controls come with?
2LT?
3LT?
3LT+Navigaton?
If it only comes with an upgraded stereo package,
what comes with the package and what is other options are required to add the steering wheel controls?

Example:
If you want NAV, you need 3Lt, and you gain XXX, and you loose XXX.

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
520 Posts
snc said:

Yeah, they are "optional" as they are INCLUDED with the upgraded stereo package. Not sure, but it looks like you'd have to get a base car and stereo to avoid them! :bang

NEW!
Steering wheel controls, mounted audio controls
1 - Included and only available with (US9) AM/FM stereo with 6-disc in dash CD changer or (U3U) AM/FM stereo with CD player and MP3 playback and navigation.

Scroll down:
http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2007&regionID=1&divisionID=3&type=0&vehicleID=3707&section=oi_def&page=3&butID=3

·
Registered
641 Posts
Ogolden1 said:
Yeah, they are "optional" as they are INCLUDED with the upgraded stereo package. Not sure, but it looks like you'd have to get a base car and stereo to avoid them! :bang

NEW!
Steering wheel controls, mounted audio controls
1 - Included and only available with (US9) AM/FM stereo with 6-disc in dash CD changer or (U3U) AM/FM stereo with CD player and MP3 playback and navigation.

Scroll down:
http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2007&regionID=1&divisionID=3&type=0&vehicleID=3707&section=oi_def&page=3&butID=3
According to the link, XM satellite radio is now included with US9 and U3U. So does that mean you are stuck with that also?
I also remember Rick saying that the controls may be deleteable (sp?) but he wasn't sure. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts