Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about Bloomington Gold this year, anyone who went please let me know. I haven't been to Bloomington Gold in years and wanted a comparison to years ago. When I went years ago when it was actually at Bloomington/Normal area there were tons of cars and swappers. Is the event still big or has it tamed down over the years? How many cars show up now and how many swappers. Kind of just general numbers. Went I use to go there were thousands of cars and just as many swappers. I was going to go this year but my wife broke her leg bad and we had to cancel. Any info would be a great help as I would like to go next year.

Thanks,

G-Man

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
id say a good 2-3 thousand cars. not sure on the amount of swappers. i like the new location because its got shade, the past coupe of years were very very warm.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like its held at a golf course now with a lot of tree's for shade which makes sense to keep the cars out of the sun. It sounds like its down in the amount of people and cars. Are the people comming to the show about 10K or so?

G-Man

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have a question about Bloomington Gold this year, anyone who went please let me know. I haven't been to Bloomington Gold in years and wanted a comparison to years ago. When I went years ago when it was actually at Bloomington/Normal area there were tons of cars and swappers. Is the event still big or has it tamed down over the years? How many cars show up now and how many swappers. Kind of just general numbers. Went I use to go there were thousands of cars and just as many swappers. I was going to go this year but my wife broke her leg bad and we had to cancel. Any info would be a great help as I would like to go next year.

Thanks,

G-Man
We first started attending this show the first year that it was moved to Springfield and have gone every year since. So we've been there in Springfield; and then it moved back to Bloomington for a few years; and then on to it's present location. This is just a wild guess, but I believe the number of Corvettes have probably declined but there is still enough quantity and quality to make your senses feel real good. The number of vendors is still substantial. Not as many as what you would see at Carlisle, but if you want something and can't find it at Bloomington, I would be surprised. The current venue is outstanding. Springfield, Bloomington, and Carlisle just can not measure up. I've gone to Corvette shows all over the country, but Bloomington Gold at Pheasant Run is the one I would not miss under any circumstances. That's the place to be...

·
Registered
752 Posts
BG at Pheasant Run doesn't have as many Corvettes, swappers, vendors etc... but where it lacks in substance makes up in atmosphere. It is a beautiful location, with lots to see and plenty of shade.

However, Bloomington/Normal may have had a ton of cars and a little more vendors, it did not have a great place. If you recall it was on a fairgrounds that had no trees, no grass and was dirty and dusty. Although BG lost some substance at Pheasant Run I prefer it a lot more (Except for the fact I have to drive 2.5 hours instead of 15 min). :laughing:

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
I thought B.G was absolutely the best car show I have ever been to. Great place ,food ,a good variety of vendors , great friendly people. The best part was watching the exhaust installations on the C6 and the C5. It was cool watching the the stock exhaust piling up one after the other. Wish I would have had the green to get mine done

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
I would say that as far as vendors go, if you can't find it at BG, then it doesn't exsist.

Also, just the opportunity to go, park on the golf course with all of the other DCer's and hang out for a day is worth the trip.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its probably been 10 years since I last went to bloomington gold so I wanted to know how it stacked up against the "old days", when I went to it at the fair grounds it seemed like it went on forever but maybe that was just in my mind. It used to be that there was so many cars in town and people street racing after the show closed at night that the local police couldn't keep up because people where racing right next to where they already had cars pulled over and were giving tickets to...........It was a wonderful time in the "old days". I always liked being around 10,000+ vettes in one place at one time and the cruise was just a blast !!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Its probably been 10 years since I last went to bloomington gold so I wanted to know how it stacked up against the "old days", when I went to it at the fair grounds it seemed like it went on forever but maybe that was just in my mind. It used to be that there was so many cars in town and people street racing after the show closed at night that the local police couldn't keep up because people where racing right next to where they already had cars pulled over and were giving tickets to...........It was a wonderful time in the "old days". I always liked being around 10,000+ vettes in one place at one time and the cruise was just a blast !!

Come next year. You will NOT be disappointed.....

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why is that? Whats next year?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree, nothing has beat Bloomington Gold for years even though I haven't been there I always remember it as being the best of the best !! And the eye candy isn't too bad either !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts