Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, have had two instances of the shifter locking in park after a long idle (not sure if that has anything to do with it, but seems to happen then) Car has 16K on the clock.

Looked through the forums and how-to videos but only found one engineer type that decided to troubleshoot the issue. He found a bad microswitch with high resistance. Most others just order a new shifter assembly.

Any thoughts on this before I rip apart my console? I have a new Chev C6 Shifter but have that gut feeling that this may not be what is going on with the car.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,361 Posts
I moved your post to its own thread. I haven't heard of that before but maybe someone has.

BTW Welcome to DC

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

Before removing everything you can either track down the issue or perform a hack that removes the blocking of the shifter.

The question is going to be how do feel about taking your console out and working inside?

There are a couple of position switchs in the shifter to determine the location of said shifter that have a tendency to not work correctly.

I don't have this issue in other cars so I think that GM have quality issues that they aren't really addressing.

let me know,

fluffy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts