Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a sad day for me, after waiting so many years to own a new vette. I started experiencing the following problems:
At 835 miles, when throttling up, the transmission slipped, RPMS flared up, and the car did not excellerate. When the transmission did shift, it was like being shot out of gun. The following is a summation of the repairs made by the dealer:
1. 835 miles-Transmission would not shift correctly, CK.Eng.Lite on- Transmission Flush to clear #4 stuck solenoid.
2. 1513 miles-Transmission would not shift correctly, CK.Eng.Lite on-Replaced Solenoids and Upper Valve Body.
3. 1794 miles- Transmission would not shift correctly, CK.Eng.Lite on-Intermitten Open in Modual Circuit, Lost use of lower gears temporarily.
4. Transmission would not shift correctly, slipped, and RPMS flared up.
5. 2281 miles- Transmission would not shift correctly, when using passing gear.
6. 2306 miles- Transmission would not shift correctly, dealer installed new BCM (Body Control Modual)
7. 2475 miles- Transmission would not shift correctly, Battery went dead, retrieved 23 fault codes.

I finally had to resort to go Lemon Law, I could have submitted a "Motor Vehicle Defect Notification" at 1794 miles, under the Florida Lemon Law, but as you can see, I feel I gave it my best. I just don't feel confident in driving this car, and the car has lost it's potentional value. Has anyone else had similar problems in their 2007 Vette??? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Wow ,sorry to hear.
I would think a new trans could fix the problem. I fully understand your point about the value. I don't blame you at all, however if one could buy this car cheap enough, new trans and never look back.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I don't blame you for your decision,sounds like your dealer just kept throwing parts at the problem.Not the best idea on their part,sometimes they think they can sweep you under the carpet.I think your car had an electrical gremlin they could not locate,soon enough!:WTF

·
Registered
101 Posts
It's mechanical. It happens. My 99 was lemoned and bought back by GM. It was my 5th Vette. I ordered my 2001 the week I got the check and turned the 99 in. This one was in once for warranty work..a brake booster. Still loving every mile.

Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I tried the lemon law thing a few years ago with Ford. It turned out to be a royal pain in the ass due to the mediation process, so I ended up trading it. Maybe you could get in touch with someone at GM and suggest a tranny swap to save everyone time and money. :huh:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Welcome aboard. Sorry to hear about your '07. I have an '06 w/23,000 miles and not one problem. I guess theirs lemons in each batch. Good luck.....:thumbsup:

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
wow that bites man hopefully it wont spoil your love of vettes best of luck on repair/winning you back

·
Registered
360 Posts
Heck, I'm surprised that they tried to dig into the tranny itself at all. I'd have thought a complete replacement would have been the easier route, and I'm sure the part wouldn't have cost them anything from GM.

Is there another dealer in your area? Perhaps the one you're dealing with now doesn't feel competent to swap out a tranny?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Any Update?

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Sorry to hear:surprised
Any news yet?:huh:

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Seems like a better dealer could have fixed it right the first time.

Maybe they should... uh... duh... replace the transmission?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
So how does the Lemon Law actually work? Assuming you prove your case, do you get a full refund or does the dealer offer a like vehicle?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts