Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a -07 Z with aprx 900 miles , after hard acceleration
when slowing down I can smell burnt oil . The car leaves no
oil on the ground and I can not see any leak any where .
Any body else with the same problem ??:huh:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
What is your oil consumption? Have you had to add oil?

·
Banned
1,905 Posts
Almost smells like a VIPER

Add the smell of "burning Solvents and Plastics" :surprised As Motor Trend put it, You have a Viper:WTF

Sorry for the joke..But how did you break the car in? AND how HARD are you accelerating?? I am not a mechanic..but I know quite a few very good Corvette people.:cheers:

Does this happen every time..Or a one time deal??
I remember when my Z had very low miles..I could smell a strange burning from the exhaust for a while. Maybe when you slow down..the smell is finally catching up to you??:thud:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Burnt oil smell.

Read Bulletins on SI, there were 3 related to oil leaks, 1 might be the oil pressure sensor/sender, which says to reseal w/ pipe sealant. another bulletin says the leak might be the rear engine cover (yikes) which says to reseal w/ engine sealant, and the last one says it could be the rear main seal, which says to replaced with the updated seal and special tool. looks like all these leaks are coming from the rear of the engine, which i can imagine gets blown onto the hot exhaust and gives you your odor complaint. I hope you still have warranty. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,905 Posts
Dont think so

Read Bulletins on SI, there were 3 related to oil leaks, 1 might be the oil pressure sensor/sender, which says to reseal w/ pipe sealant. another bulletin says the leak might be the rear engine cover (yikes) which says to reseal w/ engine sealant, and the last one says it could be the rear main seal, which says to replaced with the updated seal and special tool. looks like all these leaks are coming from the rear of the engine, which i can imagine gets blown onto the hot exhaust and gives you your odor complaint. I hope you still have warranty. :thumbsup:
I have not heard of a bulletin on this issue for the 07 Z06. Called my friend..Service manager at local Chevy Dealer.:huh:

AND YES!!! A brand new Z06..Has warranty "STILL":smack
If there was any oil leaks..this would make it to the driveway, or garage floor. A little oil goes a long way:down:

I would take her down to the place you bought it..and see what they say..Make sure you get it "documented" on paper as well.

Good Luck..Let us know.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the suggestions , I will look into each of them .
I am a mechanic so a second even closer examination will
take place before I bring it to dealer . I am full awhere of
of taking it easy in the begining , i am not refering of any
( lets se what this beast can do take of ) more like 50%
take of .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts