Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Was there a lot of negative feedback on the old shifter knob? I kind of like the old way personally, gives it a little more style

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Is the 07 knob made out of some sort of plastic/vinyl?

I have no complaints with aluminum over plastic any day.

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
Thanks Rick. Not a bad change per se, but think I prefer the original look.

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
Is the 07 knob made out of some sort of plastic/vinyl?

I have no complaints with aluminum over plastic any day.
no, it's a clear coated textured aluminum. The new one looks to be just a 'smooth' un-textured version:thumbsup:

·
Supporting Dealer
10,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys..I'll get some better shots that are not in the sun...but I think you can see the difference.

This is the car the pic was taken from...2008 coupe just coming in....
ALONG WITH MY PACE CAR:rolleyes: :crazy:

·
Supporting Dealer
10,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ONE OTHER QUICK COMMENT & NOTE: I noticed a different FEEL to the 6 speed manual as I filled it up for our customer….not talking of the shifting, JUST THE FEEL of the 6 speed shifter..so I measured the 2007 vs. the 2008 and I was right. The 2008 is about a 1/2″ taller than the 2007. For what it is worth for you folks…..:huh:

·
Registered
939 Posts
ONE OTHER QUICK COMMENT & NOTE: I noticed a different FEEL to the 6 speed manual as I filled it up for our customer….not talking of the shifting, JUST THE FEEL of the 6 speed shifter..so I measured the 2007 vs. the 2008 and I was right. The 2008 is about a 1/2″ taller than the 2007. For what it is worth for you folks…..:huh:
In your opinion, which did you prefer?

Also... sweet pace car! Love that color combo

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well I'm 6'6" tall and a taller shifter will most likey help me out alot. Just hope the throws aren't longer (not that shifter hight and throws go hand and hand).

·
Registered
901 Posts
Was there a lot of negative feedback on the old shifter knob? I kind of like the old way personally, gives it a little more style

The polka-dots on the shift knob bothered me so much that I installed a smooth aluminum knob on my '05 and then my '06. Still had to live with the polka-dot finish on the left and right door pushbuttons (they match the shift knob). Now I can order 2008 door pushbuttons and have a smooth, dot-free interior!

·
Registered
73 Posts
:surprised
thanks guys..I'll get some better shots that are not in the sun...but I think you can see the difference.

This is the car the pic was taken from...2008 coupe just coming in....
ALONG WITH MY PACE CAR:rolleyes: :crazy:

:surprised:surprised:surprised *** DROOLING!! *** :surprised:surprised:surprised

Any word what the delay is for 4LT models????

·
Registered
73 Posts
...AND...I, personally, love the new wheels:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
...AND...I, personally, love the new wheels:thumbsup:
i think they ruined it and hope they get rid of it:down:

BUT thats just my opinion....you have yours and i have mine :cheers:

·
Registered