Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2008 C6 coupe went under water during Hurricane IDA a week ago. It appears that all electronics are down? The fob will not communicate with the systems! The water level got to about 3” deep in the floorboard. It was fresh water (no salt)! Can anyone give me an idea where to start possibly saving this beautiful automobile?

·
Super Moderator
8,562 Posts
Id bet the insurance would if you insist, total the car, as its very unlikely to remain trouble free in the long run, I know they are very unlikely to cover problems that develop later under the policy and will try to cancel coverage as fast as they can do so, knowing your screwed long term
even if most of the current electronics are replaced or repaired.

Reactions: HN376RAR

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2008 C6 coupe went under water during Hurricane IDA a week ago. It appears that all electronics are down? The fob will not communicate with the systems! The water level got to about 3” deep in the floorboard. It was fresh water (no salt)! Can anyone give me an idea where to start possibly saving this beautiful automobile?
If it was under water forget it with all the electronics in the car you are only going to be chasing one problem after another turn it into insurance .

·
Registered
92 Posts
What was the outcome of your situation? Could u recover your car or did it end up a total loss? I don’t know about all of u but a car to me is like owning a pet I get really attached to them. Especially the reliable ones very hard for me to let go of them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts