Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned sporty cars but never a vette. I have been saving for way too long (I almost bought an '06 and decided to wait until I had the cash) and will order a 2008 when pricing is available. My employer supplies GM and I have a GM supplies number. Couple questions:

1) My local Chevy dealer has had the same ’07 vette on sale for 6 months. Assuming he is willing to participate in the GM supplier’s plan (it is voluntary by dealership and by car) do I have to worry about “his C6 allocations” when I place my order?

2) I am planning on ordering an ’08 convertible, 2LT, chrome wheels, new ’08 exhaust. My wife tells me I am :crazy: and should get automatic, 3LT with sat-nav. This will be a 2nd car for me and not a daily driver. My main worry is the long term reliability of stuff I do not care about (the heads-up display is the only thing I will miss). Any opinions? Will I miss out by being $6k CHEEP?

·
Supporting Dealer
10,438 Posts
I have owned sporty cars but never a vette. I have been saving for way too long (I almost bought an '06 and decided to wait until I had the cash) and will order a 2008 when pricing is available. My employer supplies GM and I have a GM supplies number. Couple questions:

1) My local Chevy dealer has had the same ’07 vette on sale for 6 months. Assuming he is willing to participate in the GM supplier’s plan (it is voluntary by dealership and by car) do I have to worry about “his C6 allocations” when I place my order?

2) I am planning on ordering an ’08 convertible, 2LT, chrome wheels, new ’08 exhaust. My wife tells me I am :crazy: and should get automatic, 3LT with sat-nav. This will be a 2nd car for me and not a daily driver. My main worry is the long term reliability of stuff I do not care about (the heads-up display is the only thing I will miss). Any opinions? Will I miss out by being $6k CHEEP?
hey super Jim, important to find a dealer that will honor your GSU # ( we will;) ) and be able tp process that order in a timely fashion ( we can;) )

I have seen where GSU guys finally get their pricing honored and they are put at the bottom of the pile. We rotate the orders as we get them within the GM build constraints! I ask to earn your business to eliminate the fear of the unknown. This is what we do, a national performing Corvette dealer,
You don't get your tires fixed at the local show store:rolleyes: :devil:

As far as a 2Lt vs. 3Lt...tough choices...note my pricing thread is just been posted too, the 3Lt does add a lot more content and if you plan to drive it more than just a couple times a month...get the 3LT if it fits in the budget and enjoy every moment of your Corvette!

I appreciate your business consideration. I will be in the office tomorrow,thank-you!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Local vs Conti

Rick,
Thanks for the reply.

I live in a small town and have only 2 Chevy dealerships locally. My wife’s Parkave was bought at one of these but my GMC was purchased over the phone from a dealership in Columbia SC based on an internet search.

If I have trouble with these sources a drop ship from you would be satisfactory. I will be out of State (SC) starting next Monday for a while. I should know how I stand with my purchase after the 4th, I will E-mail you then if there is anything to discuss.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gamecocks vs Clemson

hey super jim what part of SC are you in? Im in the Clemson area myself (yes a tiger fan)
Hey,

Hartsville, near Florence, ever hear of it?
Nice place lots of sand!!!

My Duaghter and son fight constantly over Gamecocks vs Clemson. I place myself in the middle, I'll root for both. If they are playing each other I'll go for Clemson.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
hey super jim what part of SC are you in? Im in the Clemson area myself (yes a tiger fan)
GOOOO TIGERSSSS!!!!!!!
Glad to see someone from Clemson here... class of 2003.... do you ever take part in the Autocross Club at Clemson? They run in the large parking lots at the stadium.:cheers:

·
Supporting Dealer
10,438 Posts
Rick,
Thanks for the reply.

I live in a small town and have only 2 Chevy dealerships locally. My wife’s Parkave was bought at one of these but my GMC was purchased over the phone from a dealership in Columbia SC based on an internet search.

If I have trouble with these sources a drop ship from you would be satisfactory. I will be out of State (SC) starting next Monday for a while. I should know how I stand with my purchase after the 4th, I will E-mail you then if there is anything to discuss.
very well and thanks man....
don't gamble and listen to BS.....deal in facts, good or bad.

My pleasure to help. 75% + of our business is done over the net!

·
Registered
287 Posts
well I dont take place in it no but I have been to it a couple of times with some friends. I dont really want to run over a cone or hit a tree :) lol but about a year ago there was a white 95 C4 out there. The guy who owned it was a friend of a friend I ended up riding in that a couple of times during a few runs. Jim I know how you feel man. My girl actually goes to South Carolina so I have to pretend to route for the Gamecocks from time to time. Although secretly I cant stand them. That one week out of the year we dont tend to talk much :rolling: and yes I know where Hartsville is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts