Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it looks like we are at it again... We now have the new Vortex ram Induction system for the 08 vette. Vortex Ram Induction proven on the race track and dyno to be the world most powerful Ram Induction System. To this date we still have no challengers for the Ram Induction Shootouts that we put out. Next Shoot out C6 Bash- Beach Bend Raceway- April- Bowling Green

We just finished designing and testing our new Vortex Ram Induction System (First Production Ram Air System for the C6)for the 08 Corvette and have some interesting results. First let me explain how we get our results. We do all the runs on the same day and within 30 min of each other. The first 5 runs were done using the stock system. Second 5 runs with the Vortex Ram Induction System. Another 5 runs with the stock system and yet another 5 runs with the Vortex Ram Induction System. All the runs were on our C6 08 stick Z51 Corvette with a Magnaflow exhaust. All runs done with the hood down and a high flow fan in front.
Results on stock system between 378.4 RWHP and 380 RWHP
Results with the Vortex System Between 390.4 to 393.2 RWHP
This is with no programming done to the system. LTFT were between -2 to -4 and wide open AFR was 10.5 to 10.7 That’s about 17 HP gain on 10.5 AFR

If programming is done and AFRs are set to 12.7 to 12.9 gains should be between 26 to 30 HP not including the ram air effect.

This test before programming was done to insure performance results without having any check engine issues without the programming being done. We do still recommend a good computer tune to further enhance the power level.

We figured the stock system was still restrictive and still picking up the hot air from the engine compartment. Our Vortex system has again proven itself to be the #1 Ram Induction due to its design and the first to the market for the C6. Our ram air system has the Vortex Ram Induction Box, Powerduct and all couplers as a complete kit. No need for a throttle body spacer that does nothing.

We welcome anyone to come to our facility and see it for themselves.
Next to be tested would be our Long tube step headers

By the way we will be at Carlisle in the install area providing installs and tuning.

Ernie
www.BreathlessPerformance.com
954-925-7725

·
Supporting Vendor
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Supporting Vendor
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
34 Posts
I didn't see any test or results for the Z06? Should we expect to see the same kind of gains in the Z06? Those are nice numbers but I wonder how much it would help with just the CAI. I see these test were done on a car that also had a header/exhaust mod.

·
Supporting Vendor
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No that car only had the Vortex RAmmer and Magnaflow mufflers. We are still waiting on the 08 to come back to the shop for tuning. It looks like the customer loves it so much that he does not want to give the car up for a few hours for the tune.

Ernie
www.BreathlessPerformance.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts