Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
Honestly Rick,

You put a killer gold theme on that color and you could probably sell 20 within the Washington Redskins' organization. That's a diehard Hoggett color, very classy to boot.

:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
10,122 Posts
IMO, just like Montery and Mag, you gotta see the color in person in bright light to see the pop. The first Monterey I saw was on a Trailblazer I rented in SF to drive to Sonoma. Was cloudy and rainy the entire trip. Hated the dark, flat looking marroon color. Then saw Monterey at a dealership on a bright, sunny day. So I ordered one =>

·
Supporting Dealer
10,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
“The way I would describe this color….lighter than Monterey Red a bit darker than the old Magnetic Red” Rick Conti

·
Banned
118 Posts
Wow, that's very nice. Much better than I expected. The wifes fav vette color in Monterey red.

Edit: Hold on. Those look like '07 wheels on the pic above the "other red" car. What gives? They did diccontinue those wheels for '08, correct? And this is a new color for '08.

·
Supporting Dealer
10,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, that's very nice. Much better than I expected. The wifes fav vette color in Monterey red.

Edit: Hold on. Those look like '07 wheels on the pic above the "other red" car. What gives? They did diccontinue those wheels for '08, correct? And this is a new color for '08.
that is OK.....it is still a very confusing issue..(THANKS GM)..:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The chrome wheels for 2008 are the current style wheel we have had in 2007..
The QG7 high polsihed wheel is one of the 3 new wheels for 2008
here are your wheels choices this year from GM;

·
Registered
893 Posts
God, those 08 wheels are ugly! Rick can you line all three red vettes up and snap a pic for us and post it?:thumbsup: I'm sure that's the only way we'll be able to compare, for us lazy guys of course. Just think if you do that then you won't loose any business cause we won't have to go down to the dealer and see it/tempted by it in person.

·
Super Moderator
10,122 Posts
God, those 08 wheels are ugly! Rick can you line all three red vettes up and snap a pic for us and post it?:thumbsup: I'm sure that's the only way we'll be able to compare, for us lazy guys of course. Just think if you do that then you won't loose any business cause we won't have to go down to the dealer and see it/tempted by it in person.
It would be a challenge to line them all up so that the light hits each one the same way to a stationary observer. JMHO

·
Banned
118 Posts
WTF is all I can think of. I remember seeing this pic but not really processing the info. Thanks GM.

that is OK.....it is still a very confusing issue..(THANKS GM)..:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Crystal Red looks fantastic to me.

I actually like the new solid wheel design on that one. I prefer the look of polished to chrome, but it's just personal preference.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts

Hey Rick, whatever happened with the C6R-like wheel option GM released last year? I remember it only came in coupe/verte sizes and not in the larger Z06 wheel size. Is it still an option?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts