Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I don't like the looks (I'm not a newer Mustang guy..), but 540hp/510ft/lbs kicks ass! :devil: Just a pity it's so heavy...:laughing:

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
That's probably cool if you're into them, the new GT500 just never impressed me. It'd be nice to use that torque in something lighter.

Do note that is the ugliest antenna mast placement ever.

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Oh my, thats hot.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I love it. American V8's rule...!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I don't like the looks (I'm not a newer Mustang guy..), but 540hp/510ft/lbs kicks ass! :devil: Just a pity it's so heavy...:laughing:
My thoughts exactly Freaky! Had this discussion the other day at work about this same car...and how many Mustang versions do we need? Geez...:huh:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
My thoughts exactly Freaky! Had this discussion the other day at work about this same car...and how many Mustang versions do we need? Geez...:huh:
I say keep 'em coming. As long as they don't bring back the 4 cylinder version I think it is pretty cool to have so many choices. I feel the same way about the Corvette.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ford has to! They're trying to dig themselves out of a massive whole. Limited edition stuff sell a lot higher than their normals stuff with usually a minimal cost to produce. They're doing the same thing with the pick ups too (the foose, Saleen, and SVT (they're supposidly building one on diffrent platform or something like that). I'd expect to see more of this across the board with all the american automakers.

·
DC Crew
5,554 Posts
Ford has to! They're trying to dig themselves out of a massive whole. Limited edition stuff sell a lot higher than their normals stuff with usually a minimal cost to produce. They're doing the same thing with the pick ups too (the foose, Saleen, and SVT (they're supposidly building one on diffrent platform or something like that). I'd expect to see more of this across the board with all the american automakers.
High prices are caused by dealer markups not Ford raising the price.

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
If you got a $100K+ to buy a car to impress the guys at the club, I doubt a mustang would do it, no matter what "flavor" it is. If you got $100K+ to invest in a drag racer, you could do alot better getting a base stang and saving the other $80K to do go fast parts. If you're gonna buy a car that'll put you in debt until your grandkids are old to impress the fellas down at the trailerpark...this is the car for you.

It's not that I hate mustangs...I'm just sooooooooooooooooo tired of seeing them and their many,many,many,many variations. I'd be happy if all I saw was pre '73 stangs, but unfortuantely the current gen and the "5.0" years are so prevelant, you can't throw a rock around here without hitting one. BTW, I hope the quality is a bit better on this GT500KR than the GT500, a guy here in town talked to me the other day. He was using a microfiber towel to gently remove the dead bug from his front bumper and the blue stripe rubbed right off to the white underneath:surprised .

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
He was using a microfiber towel to gently remove the dead bug from his front bumper and the blue stripe rubbed right off to the white underneath:surprised .

If he used some kind of bug and tar remover it probably dissolved the vinyl stripe.:rolling:

·
Registered
503 Posts
...I'm just sooooooooooooooooo tired of seeing them and their many,many,many,many variations....
:agree: , I'm tired of seeing mustangs in general. If I never saw another mustang in my life, I dont think I would care. its like a song you hear on the radio, it sounds really good the first few times you play it, but if you keep playing it over and over HUNDREDS of times, you begin to get pretty sick of that song. I did like the look of the mustangs when they came out, but now....ya. and almost everyone Ive met that has one thinks its the sh!t. so, ya this ones unique, just like every other one :D .

·
Registered
213 Posts
540 hp + 510 ft/lbs + 3900 lbs + dealer gouging = easy pickings for all you off the shelf Z06 guys!!
:D

Does look kind of cool though.

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
"Limited Production" seems to be the catch phrase in the dealerships of late. A friend of mine at the local Nissan(yes, I know, rice..but he's an old school dragracer in the 10.5 class,american car,so thats cool) was talking about the GT500KR and the Skyline came up . He said all the info they've gotten says the Skyline will be limited to 1000 units . The dealership owner there has already paid for his for personal use. He says if they get one for sell, it'll be $10-15K over msrp,owner's orders.:surprised If thats the case with a company that almost never tacks on dealer markup(last time was first year of 350Z), then what do you think the dealers will do with the price of a"rare" GT500KR...

·
"a title"
790 Posts
Wow, I can't wait to pick one of those up for only 50k over MSRP! I wonder if you can get that dealer markup back when you decide to trade it in!

Paul

·
Registered
334 Posts
Haha they have always had a massive antenna...my 95 has a 36"one, but I bought a new 14" cuz the stubby one didn't look right. But it looks better than the GT500. Maybe it can finally beat a C6...but the Z06 will still eat it. And these are going to be priced out the a**! The regular Shelby GT is going for 59k at the dealership I used to work at before I went away for school. The GT500 went for 70k and the Ford GT was at 225k. They are definately going to put this one at something like 80k at the one I worked at, if not then more.:crazy:

·
Registered
334 Posts
If he used some kind of bug and tar remover it probably dissolved the vinyl stripe.:rolling:
The vinyl stripes were usually off center too. The GT500s we got in had the spoiler vinyl corners peeling when they came off the truck. Seriously for that kind of money paint the f***ers on there! The seams were showing on the spoiler from where they wrapped it. Could they not place it on the bottom where it bolted on? I mean come on Ford show some attention to the small things that will annoy the hell out of everyone.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts