Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next week is the big week for me...my 08 C6 coupe will be built (feels like Christmas Eve to me). I've wanted a 'vette since high school!

The car will be Atomic Orange and I'd like to add fuel rail covers to the car that are the same color as the body. Although the 07 model will most likely fit, I want an '08 that will show the script " LS3" on the cover (not "LS2" as on the '07 model). Does anyone know if there are any parts suppliers that are selling this aftermarket accessory or do I just need to be patient?

I'm also wondering if I need to buy a battery charger for the car. I live just outside of Denver, CO so I'll likely not be driving it much in the winter (The car will not be a daily driver but used mostly on weekends). Any opinions as to what I should get by way of a charger for the car or is it not necessary?

Thanks for any info provided. Digital Corvettes is an awsome site!

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
You can have you covers painted or wait a couple of months and get from GM or aftermarket.

Most people us the "Battery Tender" it is made to keep batteries fressh in storage.

:cheers:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Congrats. I have a friend chargng mine while I am away. The manual says to disconect the battery if you'll be storeing it more than three weeks I believe. Because of the indexing windows and all the electronics on the car I thought I would rather not disconnect. I will find out how that worked in about a month when I will finally get back home. I miss that car.
You will love it when it comes. I waited too many years for mine. The car is a thrill to drive and I am sure you will enjoy it.:cheers:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all for the congrats and especially to Midnite902 for the advice on getting a "Battery Tender". I'll see what I can do to locate one online.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts