Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Hmmm...that is strange:huh:,I think I like the look of the pace car wheel better.

·
Registered
628 Posts
They look like the same thing except the paint, maybe its the light. I haven't looked at the wheels in person yet but I don'r really like them from the pics I've look at.

·
Registered
347 Posts
It's gotta be the light, because the Pace Car rim looks like it's inside a building

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
:agree:

if you look towards the bottom right you can see there silver

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Lighting seems in the realm of possibility.:huh: :huh: :huh:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
WOW, lots of golden flake or something in that paint. It looks like the pace-car wheel in the other pics, a lot of gold.:surprised

·
Registered
740 Posts
WOW, I didn't realize those wheels have all that metallic flake in them. They have grown on me a lot since I first saw them and I now like them.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
I think you have to see them in person to make a judgement call:surprised

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Not the best looking design but the metal flake really makes the wheel. I'm kinda stuck on 'em, I'd have to see them in person.

·
Registered
565 Posts
WOW, lots of golden flake or something in that paint. It looks like the pace-car wheel in the other pics, a lot of gold.:surprised
:agree: I like the paint metallic flecks, or whatever the hell you call it, but don't care for the wheel style. My Comp Grays are fine, but frankly I'm sick of all the 5 spoke setups. Ever since the Testarossa came out with them, everybody has gone 5 spoke it seems. There is a kind of reverse style that I've seen which really looks great on a black or dark colored Vette. Can't remember the name, but it is 10 spoke--still 5 spoke style, but doubled, and I really am tempted to get them. Maybe when I need tires I'll get them and a +1 upgrade on the tires. :cheers:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Rick,

I have a pace car, and the various things I read from GM stated that the 2008 wheels were painted with a unique "sterling silver" paint different from what will be offered on the standard 2008 wheel. The wheels on my PC have a very fine flake metallic finish vs the large flake shown in the pictures you posted. I will look and see if I can find where I read this, but I am certain of the sterling silver description. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts