Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum. I would like to know if anyone can tell me what changes are being made to the MY2008 Z06. I have heard a few: revised transmission and possibly an interior upgrade. With the increased HP going into the C6, is it likely the Z will get a few more ponies? It's not like it needs it but...there's never enough horsepower, right!?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All kinds of changes happening in 2008, lots of reading to do.

Check out all these update threads by Rick Conti:

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/search.php?searchid=457028

There will be PLENTY of 'more horsepower' platforms available, check out the SS/Bluedevil section:

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=173

I don't get anything from the first thread. The response reads: no matches were found. The second thread works but reall doesn't describe much about the 08 Z.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think it might be getting the new Tremec TR6060 6-speed manual transmission.
I guess all of the interior updates can be had on the Z06 aswell.
Other than that, I'm not sure. The SS has taken alot of the 08 Z06's spotlight on information.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
sorry RFenton1 my bad, the 3LZ package not 3LT. There will be the 1LZ package which is the base for the Z06, then the 2LZ which is $3045, and then the 3LZ for $6545... add $1995 for chrome wheels and navigation for $1750 and you are on your way to an 80K+ car

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
there is the 3LT which is supposed to cost around 6K on top of the 71K base price.. ouch
I did a little more research and learned that the 3LZ package consists of the leather wrap interior which is limited to only (2) two-tone color schemes; both of which I don't like. The cost is an addtional $3K +/- over the 2LZ package, not an addtional $6k.

Apparently, the tranny upgrade s uncertain although probable along with the steering box upgrade and some inclusive intems in the 2LZ pack. Plus the $1K base price increase.

Personally, I think that the Nav. is a waste of money. Most owners don't go anywhere far enough away frequently enough to justify Nav. in a sports/race car. And, the chrome wheels...well, I find them offensive.

Black on black with either the polished wheels or the comp. grey ones sans Nav. for me. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I agree on the interior colors. Saw them at the Birthday Bash...:crazy: Wonder who the genius was who came up with white or orange?
You would think that maybe, just maybe, they'd ask OWNERS what new interior colors they would like. Saw an '08 VY ZO6 with the black/white interior. That ought to be fun keeping clean!!!
Maybe purple and green will be next! :crazy:

·
Banned
176 Posts
I agree on the interior colors. Saw them at the Birthday Bash...:crazy: Wonder who the genius was who came up with white or orange?
You would think that maybe, just maybe, they'd ask OWNERS what new interior colors they would like. Saw an '08 VY ZO6 with the black/white interior. That ought to be fun keeping clean!!!
Maybe purple and green will be next! :crazy:
I'm looking for pink polka dots with a florescent background. Maybe some carousel music to go with and a helping of cotton candy. If you can get the D30 option with the all black leather interior like a 911, I'm interested, otherwise, I'll save my money and just get the fair rides semblance at the fair.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi, I was wondering if someone has seen a 08 Z06 from up close. Not that it matters much, since its completely the same as the 07 model. I am just curious to checkout the interior of a 08 3LZ linen Z06.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts