Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking online and saw this title.
2009 Cadillac CTS-V will have 600HP Corvette Blue Devil engine.
What do you guys think? It kind of makes me upset. I think its because they are giving a mid grade cadillac sedan the top of the line corvette engine. Even if its detuned. That would mean this cadillac will have more hp than a stock non z06 vette. Not that it matters, but its the principle of it all.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What do you guys think?

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
939 Posts
All these hyper-luxury sedans are now getting obnoxious amounts of horsepower... take for example Mercedes-Benz S, E, CL, CLK, CLS class cars with AMG packages, the new Porsche Panamera, Maseratti Quattroporte, Audi S8, S10, and RS6, BMW 760 Li, Bentley, etc... all these vehicles boast a 475hp+ package of some sort... GM saw a niche, and decided to try and fill it.

I have no problem whatsoever with them using the new Blown Corvette Engine. GM is a proprietary corporation that looks to get the most with the least (basic economics). Utilizing a pre-existing motor platform that has already become popular and respected is a brilliant move. The two cars don't even come close to the same category, and there are a lot more aspects the two will not share that will differentiate them performance-wise. I'm glad to see that GM is standing up to make a name for itself in the world-market (other American manufacturers can't really stand up to the Euro-Giants). If anything, this may bring a little more international respect to the Corvette in the same way that the premier sports cars of the aforementioned companies are heralded.

Just my .02, but what do I know? I'm just a 23 year old kid :cheers:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok

Good point, I dont feel as upset anymore.

·
Registered
939 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Actually, the new Audi's have the same engine that the Lamborghini Gallardo has, a V10 if I remember correctly. :surprised

·
Registered
424 Posts
From what I've read somewhere it will not be the 600HP SS engine, but the 500HP Z06 engine... Still more then enough power for the Caddy... :partyon:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've been thinking of buying a CTS-V possibly next year. I am hoping I can get a C6 Z06 in about 5 years for like $50k (hopefully), but next year I'd at least like to spend like $20-$25k and get a 350z or a CTS-V

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
WELCOME to DC 4years!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have a problem with GM using Corvette motors in GM cars, they've done it for years, they almost have to because the Vette's lower production numbers. And 2nd on my list of car brands I want to own, is Cadillac.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts