Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Clearly 2009 is going to be the SS year. Also it seems like it will be the last model year for the C6 Z06. Being the fourth and the last model year for the Z06 production also means it has to be the best evolutionary. However I think we wont see much for a change, maybe even nothing due to internel competition with the SS. Also it seems that there is going to be a gap year (most likelly 2010) for the Z06. 2010 seems to me like a strange year for the corvette lineup. It will be the first base C7 year and the last of the SS. Is there a chance they will be able to squeeze in the production some last C6 Z06s? In 2011 things clear up (C6 and SS are history) and production will focus on base and Z06 C7.

Whats your opinion, do you want to see engine and interior improvements & refinements for the last C6 Z06 (2009 model year) or would you rather settle for what we already have (and its great) the last 3 years, and keep the changes for the 2011 C7 Z06? What are your educated guesses for the 2010 model year? Is there gonna be a gap in the Z06 production timeline?

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I would like to see a factory roll bar option, and maybe a 5 point harness option.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'll agree with that....................

My guess as the Corvette evolves is that the ZO6 becomes the base car. OPPS--what do we do for a vert?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll agree with that....................

My guess as the Corvette evolves is that the ZO6 becomes the base car. OPPS--what do we do for a vert?
if the ferrari F430, the Lamborghini Gallardo & Murcielago, the viper, the SLR and every porsche including the Carrera GT can be offered optionally as soft top convertibles why not offer a soft top Z06 to go along with the standard fixed top? (we are talking C7 of course)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
where did you get that picture from? it looks like an excel spreadsheet...anyone could have made that chart

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where did you get that picture from? it looks like an excel spreadsheet...anyone could have made that chart
:thumbsup: I made it (in excel) so that I can summarize some basic known facts, in order to help someone who wants to make educated guesses about future corvette model years.

·
Registered
393 Posts
2009 the last of c6 z06?

I just hope that I can be around to see the 2009 or 2010 model not alone figuer what the hell GM is doing:laughing:

·
Registered
403 Posts
I just hope that I can be around to see the 2009 or 2010 model not alone figuer what the hell GM is doing:laughing:
Plan on moving to the moon in the next year to 18 months? :huh:

If so say hi to the man for me, oh, and eat some cheese for me too.

Rick

·
Registered
393 Posts
2009 the last of c6 Z06

No not planning to go to the moon just that I'am not that young when you get 60 years old you start to think wether you can make it to 2010 to see the c7 vettes?:laughing:

·
Registered
587 Posts
No not planning to go to the moon just that I'am not that young when you get 60 years old you start to think wether you can make it to 2010 to see the c7 vettes?:laughing:
hell i am 73 and i have a 2008 coming

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What do you guys think about these 2 "patterns" (quotes because we have not enough data to call them proper patterns). The first with the green arrows indicates that that base C7 will have 500 hp and the second suggests a 605 hp for the C7 Z06. Of course stupid little patterns dont say anything but in the absenece of facts (or even rumours) they are funny.

·
Banned
334 Posts
Model keepers or changes

So in my humble opinion the 436hp car will hold its value and it'll bring lots of bucks if anybody lives long enough to keep one or put one back together. I come to this conclusion because it'll still be somewhat affordable, be a better driver,performer and be near the evolutionary change to extra super car ststus. They'll drop that 430 hp eventually and make the exhaust standard.
Maybe I'll be wrong and it'll be the standard equipment. Anyway I'm trying to get one.Just remember good ole Uncle Sam can ruin it all.

wwr:buhbye:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
What do you guys think about these 2 "patterns" (quotes because we have not enough data to call them proper patterns). The first with the green arrows indicates that that base C7 will have 500 hp and the second suggests a 605 hp for the C7 Z06. Of course stupid little patterns dont say anything but in the absenece of facts (or even rumours) they are funny.

That seems a bit logical, so GM won't do it:rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
901 Posts
Nice work on the chart, I hope its true. But inside information from various sources says that for 2010 the C6 gets a mid-cycle freshening (new facias maybe?) and the C7 isn't due until 2012. And there will be a C7 Z06, but not the first year. Personally I think thats too late, it will be hard to sell C6s those last few years, considering all the competition. Also, don't know how the recent MPG legislation will affect future Corvette engine plans.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My guesses...
-The '10 may not be the C7 but the Vette goes to the all-aluminum frame for all of their models and today's Z (505 to 550hp) will be the standard model.
-At that time there will also be a convertible of that standard model.
-All models of the C7 (whenever it comes out) will come standard with front-engine and AWD
-Much of the body will be carbon fiber
-The suspension will be standardized on the ZR1's Mag ride
-The cost of a standard Corvette coupe in '10 will be above $60k
-The cost of a standard Corvette convertible in '10 will be above $70k
-Headers, supercharging and rollbars will be a GM option for all models
-The C7 ZR1 will be >800hp, AWD, paddle-shift and will start out at $130k
No flames please! Just guessing!
:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts