Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Administrator
10,197 Posts
Beautiful car. A member RFenton(I think) had Lingenfelter modify his ZR1, maybe he will chimed in.
Bob Fenton has had a history of churning through a lot of different cars - former Pontiac dealership owner. He said he would get bored and / or some new lines or performance numbers would catch his eye.

He bought a very early Z06, then a very early ZR1. When the Launch Control feature became available, he ordered another ZR1 AND sent this one to Lingenfelter for the 750HP mod package. During this time he also had a Porsche GT3, got tired of it and sold it. It's been a while since we talked, but he used to say he couldn't see himself getting rid of the ZR1. It was absolutely scary fast.

Regarding Lingenfelter, Bob thought VERY highly of them and their customer service. I'll get some detail wrong about the following but the message is correct. At some point down in Florida, Bob thought there was a problem with the engine. After talking with the Lingenfelter folks, they either sent a mechanic to Fla to check it out or had it shipped to them and back to Bob (can't recall). There was some innocuous little stock Chevy part that was replaced and all was well - no charge under Warranty.

I'm certain that if Bob chimed in on this thread, he'd have both thumbs up for Lingenfelter.

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Lingenfelter

Sorry guys. I've been out of touch with the forum working on an amazing boat project with the new Seven-Marine GM 6.2 supercharged outboards w/557HP each. I've been involved for a couple of years with Seven Marine and have now purchased 4 of the engines for my new boat. I'll bet I'm the only one to own 5 GM 6.2 liter supercharged engines (More later on the boat, it's new and being custom painted.)

My ZR1 that I picked up at Bowling Green and drove directly to Lingenfelter for mods was their very first 750. I told them I wanted more than 710 so they developed it. My car is still on their website pictures on the Dyno. The car has been mechanically perfect. My only issue was a sensor light that has been quite stubborn. The traction management warning periodically comes on and I have taken it to the dealer (AutoNation Chevy in Ft. Lauderdale) no less than 5 times. They finally replaced the entire steering column (under factory warranty) and the problem seems to be gone although they damaged my front splitter and it's being replaced as I write this. The car has always run flawlessly. Lingenfelter stood behind their work when a local dealer told me after an oil change that my head bolts were leaking. Turned out they were not. What appeared to be oil, was a lube Lingenfelter had put on the head bolts. Lingenfelter paid shipping both ways. (they weren't happy when we found out the trip wasn't necessary) They tested the car and sent it back all by enclosed carrier.N/C

The car is truly a beast. I was advised to leave the exhaust alone because I do not track the car and it was really making great power that can not be controlled from a standing or even rolling start as is. It took about a month to understand how to use the car on the street without just spinning the tires out of control. With it all I would do it again in a heartbeat because I have never loved a car so much. As Vaughan mentioned, I usually trade frequently. He did incorrectly state that I had a Porsche GT3. My Porsche was a Turbo "S". The quickest car 0-60 I have ever owned. I was a 2.7 sec 0-60 car. Nothing beats the all wheel drive to get out of the hole with a Porsche PDK trans. My ZR1 I have no doubt would catch and overtake it at approximately 100 or so.

I took both cars individually across the state on a private road in Florida and the Porsche was very slow to accelerate once it got to about 150. The Lingenfelter ZR1 was accelerating so hard, my heads up display was a blur until I let off the gas because my wife was screaming. By the time I could look down at the display and read it, I was decelerating through 177. It was pulling so hard at that speed it was almost indescribable. I know the car would have gone way past 200. I might well have been going that fast and didn't know it because the heads up was a blur when I peeked. Your really paying attention at speed and don't have time to read the dash. (Yes guys I check tire pressures before doing a run like that and I would never speed on a public road;).) The private road goes for about 100 miles in a straight line through the Everglades so you can see well over a mile up the road in front and behind. My car has only 3500 miles on it today. I don't take her out in the rainy seasons in Florida.

I hope this helps anyone thinking about Lingenfelter. They are a very reputable company to deal with. If I can answer any other questions let me know.

· Administrator
10,197 Posts
Sorry I got the Porsche model wrong Bob (Porsches - definitely not my area of expertise).

Glad to hear your Boat project is going well. Good to hear from you. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.