Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
There is a Allen wrench you can use to loosen a Allen bolt on the pump so you can use the top manual. Procedure is described in the owners manual. Found my Allen wrench in the glove box. I have an 07. Good luck. Oh and welcome to DC knowledgeable bunch here very helpful when it comes to corvettes.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
43,330 Posts
Hi Ritchie, welcome.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The hydraulic pump for the car roof is affected by external factors such as heat, dust and others that the car owners do not pay attention to, and is it now possible to use it manually or not?
I purchased 2011 GS Convertible about 18 months ago from a GM dealer where i work and it had 10,500 miles but it is Arizona car that owner kept in garage and it is my first convertible Corvette, 10 other non convertible Corvettes in the past so i didn't know you should check fluid level on pump and not sure if dealer ever checked. I purchased a extended warranty but of course it does not cover the hydraulic pump...luckily i got employee pricing on warranty ...
Anyhow i love the convertible and i am going to remove the pump this weekend and trade it in for Top Hydraulics rebuilt and upgraded pump and then install. Does not look that hard to replace...hopefully...

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
43,330 Posts
i am going to remove the pump this weekend and trade it in for Top Hydraulics rebuilt and upgraded pump and then install. Does not look that hard to replace...hopefully...
Let us know how it goes and take a bunch of pics of the process

Reactions: HN376RAR
1 - 11 of 11 Posts