Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
I'm in, not sure if Mendy will go this time or not. She got a little sick on the last run. :lookinup:

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From the website "If you want to find the Tail of the Dragon use MAPQUEST or other maping programs to get to the nearest towns
which are Robbinsville NC 28771, and Maryville TN . Then follow US129 to the state line (NC/TN)".

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Thanks. I had a ball tearing things up, but would like to have Pfadt coilovers and better tires for my next visit.

·
Registered
796 Posts
We need to see if Dan and Brad are up for another run. I know we had a blast last year.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We need to see if Dan and Brad are up for another run. I know we had a blast last year.
:agree: That is why I started this thread early to give everyone enough time to see the post. We are out of the C5 section, so I figured we post enough, they will see it.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I've got em both on my FB, I'll send them a message to see if there is any interest.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
389 Posts
I would definitely be interested in making the trip again. I actually received an email from the owners of the "Gear Head Inn" just about a week ago thanking me for sending them the pics we took outside of their motel and inviting us to stay with them this year.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's the place Scott. Jeff, Reid, and I stopped there for a few pics on the way back to the hotel one day.

:thumbsup: I was looking at the website and I think it said it was like 37 miles away from the 129.....I will call them and see what rates are and post it here.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK, just got off the phone with Mary, one of the owners of the Gear Head Inn. The rooms are $89.00 a night and if we get 6 or more rooms booked the price will drop to $80.00 a night. All of the rooms are being made into king rooms as we speak and there are (2) Corvette rooms and (2) other Chevy rooms. The Tail of the Dragon is about 45 mins. away and they recommend that you drive Hwy. 28 to get there. Mary said that the Inn is full for Labor Day weekend so if we want to stay there we need to book within the next month or so.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts