Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best price you have seen on a ZR1 (3ZR)?
I looked at a 2011 torch red 3ZR model for 125K. No way in hell I would pay that. Must be brand new. So what is a great deal on these cars?

BLK 1 :buhbye:

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Are you still getting a Lamborghini Erik?:huh:

The ZR1's are pretty bad ass though and would be alot less $$$ wise.;)

Why not save some dough and get a 2010 instead? Was there much of a difference between the 2010 and 2011 models?

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you still getting a Lamborghini Erik?:huh:

The ZR1's are pretty bad ass though and would be alot less $$$ wise.;)

Why not save some dough and get a 2010 instead? Was there much of a difference between the 2010 and 2011 models?
I'll PM you about the Lamborghini.

Just thinking out loud, the ZR1 is so cool in person . I loved the torch red :D

·
Registered
2,532 Posts

The Torch Red would compliment the color of your Viper well. But I guess I'm a bit curious as well. For as long as I can remember you've stated the Lambo is the goal you're working toward. While you would likely trade one of your cars for the ZR1 it still seems better in the grand scheme to continue putting money away toward the Murci.

Just my $.02:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The Torch Red would compliment the color of your Viper well. But I guess I'm a bit curious as well. For as long as I can remember you've stated the Lambo is the goal you're working toward. While you would likely trade one of your cars for the ZR1 it still seems better in the grand scheme to continue putting money away toward the Murci.

Just my $.02:thumbsup:
Here is my problem with the Lamborghini, the repair costs are BULL$HIT! If I need a clutch it's 7-11K. And I just found out a alternator is 4K dollars. How the **** can they justify that! The Lamborghini is my dream car but the replacement parts are looney toones prices! Just for fun start pricing parts on a Murcielago. The ZR1 will not break down and if it does I can afford it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
What is the best price you have seen on a ZR1 (3ZR)?
I looked at a 2011 torch red 3ZR model for 125K. No way in hell I would pay that. Must be brand new. So what is a great deal on these cars?

Saw some killer deals on ZR1's at the superior chevy website advertised on DC :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Here is my problem with the Lamborghini, the repair costs are BULLSHIT!!! If I need a clutch it's 7-11K. And I just found out a alternator is 4K dollars. How the **** can they justify that! The Lamborghini is my dream car but the replacement parts are looney toones prices! Just for fun start pricing parts on a Murcielago. The ZR1 will not break down and if it does I can afford it.

To quote Jay Leno, "If a part on this car breaks(his Mclaren F1) you have to take out a second mortgage on the house. If a part on this ZR1 breaks, it's a Chevy, you can fix it with a hammer."

Completely understandable about being hesitant in that regard. It's good to know these things before you spring for a Murcielago. The way my luck goes I would have an alternator and clutch failure at the same time and wind up in the poor house.:laughing:

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Here is my problem with the Lamborghini, the repair costs are BULLSHIT!!! If I need a clutch it's 7-11K. And I just found out a alternator is 4K dollars. How the **** can they justify that! The Lamborghini is my dream car but the replacement parts are looney toones prices! Just for fun start pricing parts on a Murcielago. The ZR1 will not break down and if it does I can afford it.

:agree:It's alot like the Ferrari I looked into. Insane prices for parts (not to mention the used car itself) and really the ZR1 is just as good as car if not actually better.;)

What I do understand is the draw of a Lamborghini/ultra exotic, not too many people can say they have one. Now is it worth the many costs of ownership?:lookinup: Only you can decide that.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Theres a 2011 torch red listed by a dealer near Charlotte for 115.

·
Supporting Dealer
307 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Thanks for the props! Here's our in-stock 3ZR, but we've got two 1ZRs as well.

$116,850 for the 3ZR, so quite a bit lower than the dealer you mentioned. They're probably at MSRP on theirs.

http://www.chevyusa.com/detail-2011-chevrolet-corvette-zr1_3zr-new-6121907.html

K. Andrew Serum
Marketing Manager
Superior Chevrolet
www.chevyusa.com

Maybe I'm biased but damn, how can anyone even look at a lambo that cost 3 times as much when you can get the value and performance of the ZR1 :crazy::cheers:

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe I'm biased but damn, how can anyone even look at a lambo that cost 3 times as much when you can get the value and performance of the ZR1 :crazy::cheers:
I'm starting to understand this now. Sometimes it takes me awhile ...... :laughing:

·
Registered
338 Posts
I paid 2K under invoice for my 2011 3ZR (90 days ago). Doesn't pay to buy a 2010.
That 2011 supersonic blue is gorgeous Bob, is 112K a good price? Is that below invoice with the MSRB at 124K?

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
That 2011 supersonic blue is gorgeous Bob, is 112K a good price? Is that below invoice with the MSRB at 124K?

If the car is a 2011 3ZR and all your adding is tax and license then YES 112K is an excellent price. I paid about 113k for mine. I know the dealer made about 3K profit on my deal. (That includes dealer rebate money and dealer holdback at the time of my sale)

Pertaining to the blue color...it is beautiful but you should not expect the easiest resale when the time comes down the line. Black, torch red, cyber grey, silver cars sell fastest historically in ZR1's but they're all beautiful including Yellow. My white car was a gamble for me but I'm very happy with how it looks with grey wheels, grey headlights, carbon fiber and tinted windows.

The time to think about resale is "before you buy anything", if you care. Those who keep cars a while don't need to bother because after the warranty expires, condition and mileage become the most important factors.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If the car is a 2011 3ZR and all your adding is tax and license then YES 112K is an excellent price. I paid about 113k for mine. I know the dealer made about 3K profit on my deal. (That includes dealer rebate money and dealer holdback at the time of my sale)

Pertaining to the blue color...it is beautiful but you should not expect the easiest resale when the time comes down the line. Black, torch red, cyber grey, silver cars sell fastest historically in ZR1's but they're all beautiful including Yellow. My white car was a gamble for me but I'm very happy with how it looks with grey wheels, grey headlights, carbon fiber and tinted windows.

The time to think about resale is "before you buy anything", if you care. Those who keep cars a while don't need to bother because after the warranty expires, condition and mileage become the most important factors.
Bob, thanks for the info. The ZR1's ( torch red and black by my house ) are going to rot at my dealership at 125K. 3 months on the showroom floor and they gave me a great price on the ZO6. They will be 111-113K by February IMO.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts

Erik:

Was just at my local Lambo dealer (biggest in the US) Prestige in N. Miami. The LP 720 is due in January and should be a beast. The biggest concern about all Lambo's (other than price) is the clutch. The dealer made it clear that most buyers go through clutches in the e-gear trans cars. The cars weren't made to go in reverse at all and take some learning to drive properly.

Money aside because, yes, we could crash on that subject, the cars are amazing in many ways. I sat in a new super leggera and you really can't compare this car in any way to a ZR1 other than perhaps acceleration. It's a work of art as all Lambo's are.

Folks love to complain about the money and there's certainly lots to debate, but most have never seen up close or sat in a new Lambo or a new Ferrari for that matter. These very expensive exotics are not in the same all around league with a mass produced GM product.

Although GM has done a fantastic job with the ZR1, the only basis for comparison is in hard performance numbers ( a credit to GM). To most of us, that's the main reason to go ZR1, but to the folks who buy the super exotics, they see the entire car, and there are huge differences that for some make the purchase decision easy. If you have all the money you can spend, then you should consider them all. If you are reaching and haven't paid off your house and funded the kids college education yet, forget those super exotics, you can't afford them! A 7K clutch shouldn't be anything but a small nuisance to the guy who buys a Lambo. The others who fear this amount can't afford this car.

I'm not passing judgement one way or the other but "where you stand" depends upon "where you sit."

·
Registered
338 Posts
Bob, thanks for the info. The ZR1's ( torch red and black by my house ) are going to rot at my dealership at 125K. 3 months on the showroom floor and they gave me a great price on the ZO6. They will be 111-113K by February IMO.

We just aren't used to spending this kind of dough on a car, in my case I can't stop thinking of what 112K plus would do to help my business make money! ;)

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Erik:

Was just at my local Lambo dealer (biggest in the US) Prestige in N. Miami. The LP 720 is due in January and should be a beast. The biggest concern about all Lambo's (other than price) is the clutch. The dealer made it clear that most buyers go through clutches in the e-gear trans cars. The cars weren't made to go in reverse at all and take some learning to drive properly.

Money aside because, yes, we could crash on that subject, the cars are amazing in many ways. I sat in a new super leggera and you really can't compare this car in any way to a ZR1 other than perhaps acceleration. It's a work of art as all Lambo's are.

Folks love to complain about the money and there's certainly lots to debate, but most have never seen up close or sat in a new Lambo or a new Ferrari for that matter. These very expensive exotics are not in the same all around league with a mass produced GM product.

Although GM has done a fantastic job with the ZR1, the only basis for comparison is in hard performance numbers ( a credit to GM). To most of us, that's the main reason to go ZR1, but to the folks who buy the super exotics, they see the entire car, and there are huge differences that for some make the purchase decision easy. If you have all the money you can spend, then you should consider them all. If you are reaching and haven't paid off your house and funded the kids college education yet, forget those super exotics, you can't afford them! A 7K clutch shouldn't be anything but a small nuisance to the guy who buys a Lambo. The others who fear this amount can't afford this car.

I'm not passing judgement one way or the other but "where you stand" depends upon "where you sit."
Spot On! I was talking to a Murcielago owner who put 1 million cash in a Credit Union CD a few years back for 10 years at 5%. That money goes into his "Lamborghini account" so after taxes he has around 37K a year "free money" for repairs as he said. I told him where I am in life right now and he told me to pass at this time. Smart people have money work for them and I worked my ass off for my cars. You are right, 7K is nothing for him but for me that is .....7K

·
Registered
338 Posts
Spot On! I was talking to a Murcielago owner who put 1 million cash in a Credit Union CD a few years back for 10 years at 5%. That money goes into his "Lamborghini account" so after taxes he has around 37K a year "free money" for repairs as he said. I told him where I am in life right now and he told me to pass at this time. Smart people have money work for them and I worked my ass off for my cars. You are right, 7K is nothing for him but for me that is .....7K

This story pretty much sums it all up!:cheers:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts