Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Nope, only seen pics of it.
But, I came out of the hotel at the Lone Star Corvette Classic to see this parked by my vette.

And the new cup tires are seriously sticky, just look at all the dust they sucked up from the parking lot:surprised

·
Registered
609 Posts
Damn I want one!

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Great looking car. I saw a ZR1 model getting the LPE Pulley upgrade along with headers & cam. The ZR1s are putting out serious numbers with only minor mods.

The Sport Cups are great tires until the temps go into the 100s and the roads really heat up or when the temps drop into the 40s and below. They have a relatively narrow efficient temp range compared to the Pilot Sports.

One of the coolest part of this car is the wheels. The red trim perfectly matches the caliper color and they look great.

:cheers:

·
Registered
18 Posts
:partyon:

Anyone already have the GM Part# for those front and back emblems.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great looking car. I saw a ZR1 model getting the LPE Pulley upgrade along with headers & cam. The ZR1s are putting out serious numbes with only minor mods.

The Sport Cups are great tires until the temps go into the 100s and the roads really heat up or when the temps drop into the 40s and below. They have a relatively narrow effecient temp range compared to the Pilot Sports.

One of the coolest part of this car is the wheels. The read trim perfectly matches the caliper colr and they look great.

I have had the Sport Cups on the rear of my car for about 3 months now. They have incredible straight line grip, I can't speak to the cornering ability because I haven't had the opportunity to test them in that situation yet.

But, as far as straight line acceleration goes, they changed the car dramatically. I can tell you that based on what I've seen so far, I don't expect alot of tread life out of them.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yes, I saw one at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Z06 form. What an amazing car all around, love the interior. I could not keep my eyes off of it.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Great looking car. I saw a ZR1 model getting the LPE Pulley upgrade along with headers & cam. The ZR1s are putting out serious numbers with only minor mods.

The Sport Cups are great tires until the temps go into the 100s and the roads really heat up or when the temps drop into the 40s and below. They have a relatively narrow efficient temp range compared to the Pilot Sports.

One of the coolest part of this car is the wheels. The red trim perfectly matches the caliper color and they look great.
The wheels are actually painted red first, then black and have the stripe machined out. Sounds easy right?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
We were told at the C5/C6 Bash the rims are first painted red, then black, then they actually mill away a layer of black paint to expose the red paint. Some pretty incredible tight tolerances...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts