Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 Mustang Boss 302 priced at $40,995
by Drew Phillips (RSS feed) on Nov 19th 2010 at 11:28AM

Autoblog.com is the source of this information. Excellent site!

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/11/19/2012-mustang-boss-302-priced-at-40-995/

2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302

Ford has yet to officially release pricing for the 2012 Mustang Boss 302, but a forum member over at TheMustangSource.com with some inside information has revealed that the special edition pony car will retail for $40,995 including destination and delivery. This places the Boss 302 almost squarely in the middle between the Mustang GT and the Shelby GT500.

While certain things like a navigation system won't be available, Boss 302 customers will have a few options to choose from. Recaro seats and a Torsen differential adds $1,995, an Accessory Package with floor mats and car cover go for an extra $475, and Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat paint is an additional $495. The track-oriented Laguna Seca Package comes in at a grand total of $47,990.

At first we weren't sure about the complete accuracy of the information, but a representative at Ford has confirmed these numbers and options. So is the 2012 Boss 302 a steal at $40,995 or is that crazy money for a hopped up pony car with a live rear axle? Let us know in the comments below.

Gallery:
2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302

Gallery:
2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm not a huge ford enthusiast yet this new boss 302 is a hell of a vehicle.

Reminds me of the Z06 of mustangs ....with more room, lower price, lower hp and performance yet impressive all the same.

I have to admire fords efforts here if a bit pricey..

I imagine Ford dealers will sell the limited production boss 302 for msrp and at the very least each one should have the recaro seats and differential option for 2 grand extra..

Still 43 grand for a boss 302 is a hell of a deal....

especially if your a ford fan or need 4 seats...

444hp is dam impressive..IMO and the two key gimmick is marketing genius..

I'm impressed with fords efforts to date..

and remember I'm not a ford enthusiast..

I always prefer GM...but this new Mustang attack vehicle is cool..

In fact...I like it better than the GT500 version..

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
$40,000.....but it is still a mustang....

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
I the like the new 5.0 Mustang. If i were in the market for a ponycar, the Mustang would probably be my choice. Although 40k sounds like alot for the Boss, a SS or SRT car would probably be pretty close to that number.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I vote it will be higher than that. I saw a 2011 5.0 convertible with a 41,000 price tag and it was not a boss or anything just a regular 5.0

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
There is no way that Mustang is going to sell for MSRP when it first comes out. I remember when the Shebly's first came out and dealerships were trying to get as high as 70k for the car and people actual bought em. I forsee the Boss getting sold at 55k maybe even higher.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I like the Mustang and the new Camaro. The Challenger is like that 19 year old that looks so hot then lies there like fish when the time comes:laughing:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts