Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i took my car into my usual corvette shop which i have been using for 14 years. My car had an issue with the telescopic feature causing an up and down movement which was not normal. As it turns out the motor that drives the telescopic functions was defective. While removing the original steering sensor something was broken so the shop ordered an new one. They received a new sensor. The shop changed it out and reassembled the steering wheel and tried to reprogram the sensor and it would not program. The shop ordered another one and same thing it would not program. NOW HERE IS THE STRANGEST PART the shop had another C7 in the shop they decided to try that steering wheel sensor from that car well IT WORKED IN MY CAR REPROGRAMED WITH NO PROBLEMS. That sensor was then put back into that car and REPROGRAMED WITH NO ISSUES. CAN ANYONE ON THE FORUM HERE HELP ME OUT. THE SHOP IS STUMPED THEY ARE BRINGING THE CAR TO CHEVY. NOW the attempted programing was done with original GM MD1 AND MD2 HAND HELD TOOLS. THEY ALSO TRIED THE LATEST SNAP ON TOOL SAME RESULTS WOULD NOT REPROGRAM MY SENSOR. IF THE CHEVY DEALERSHIP CAN NOT FIGURE THIS OUT THE CAR IS USELESS BECAUSE IT CAN NOT PASS STATE INSPECTION!!!!!. JUNK!!!!!!!:WTF

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,394 Posts
There has to be something going on there. What are the odds of getting 2 bad sensors

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There has to be something going on there. What are the odds of getting 2 bad sensors
Yes apparently everyone of these sensors made by who ever manufactures them is clocked incorrect. These sensors are I believe should be clocked at 0. THE ONES PRODUCED AND ON THE SHEVELS AT THE GM PARTS CENTER ARE CLOCKED 360 DEGREES OUT. That means everyone of these parts need to be re clocked. My mechanic did exactly that he took the sensor apart and reset the sensor to 0.Installed in my steering wheel column and BAM THE SENSOR PROGRAMMED!!!!!!!!. BIG PROPS TO DENNIS AT THE VETTE DOCTORS HE SOLVEED THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,469 Posts
could easily understand a sensor being installed 180 degrees out of speck but 360 degrees out? thats identical to being set at zero degrees:crazy::WTF

1 - 4 of 4 Posts