Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Chevrolet’s most powerful car ever, the 2015 Corvette Z06, has been assigned a price tag of at least $78,995 including destination.

For that base price, customers get a 1LZ-trim Z06 that comes complete with a supercharged 6.2-liter V8 that makes 650 hp and 650 lb-ft of torque, sent through either a seven-speed manual transmission with rev-matched downshifts or an eight-speed automatic transmission.

For the first time ever, a Z06 convertible model will also be available for an extra $5,000 over the coupe, starting at $83,995.

SEE ALSO: 2015 Chevy Corvette Z06 Performance Details

For those who want to take their Z06 to the next level, there is the Z07 performance package, available for an extra $7,995. For that cash, the Z06 comes outfitted with Brembo carbon ceramic brake rotors, adjustable front and rear aerodynamic components and Michelin Pilot Super Sport Cup tires.

There is also a carbon fiber ground effects package that can be added for an additional $2,995, bringing a carbon fiber front splitter, carbon fiber rocker panels and a larger rear spoiler.

SEE ALSO: 2015 Chevy Corvette Z06 Opens Up at New York Auto Show

For those keeping score, that puts a maximum performance Z06 at just below $90,000, before you start adding interior packages. The car is available in 1LZ, 2LZ and 3LZ trims, and there is a range of options to choose from, including a leather-wrapped interior, a performance data recorder, competition seats, carbon fiber trim and more.

Customers can still pickup a base Corvette for $53,995, though once loaded up with the Z51 performance package and in 3LT trim, the car sells for about $71,000. The standard car comes with a naturally aspirated version of the 6.2-liter V8 that makes 455 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
Read the complete story on the 2015 Corvette Z06 at AutoGuide.com

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
That's reasonable.
A 2LZ with performance package is going to run well into the $90K range. I can't justify that kind of money on a two seater that I would put maybe 3000 miles/yr on. Car prices are just crazy these days.

I'm looking for a new Escalade ESV for the business and they want $88K for it. :crazy:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
A 2LZ with performance package is going to run well into the $90K range. I can't justify that kind of money on a two seater that I would put maybe 3000 miles/yr on. Car prices are just crazy these days.

I'm looking for a new Escalade ESV for the business and they want $88K for it. :crazy:
I test drove one of those a few weeks ago. Needless to say my wife went for the Audi.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Yes I agree, crazy, and yet ........................they will buy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts