Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just asking, dont beat me up. I am running 20" at all four corners.
No issues here. Car is lowered. No rub anywhere.
Symbolic Wheels. 265/35 F 285/30 Rear.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
here is one

Here is one, but it has a body kit so the look will be different if you do it.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, WOW. Now, question: What size tire rim combo did you use.
I am lookin at a set of Giovanna Dalars in 22 Rear and 20 Front.
This is been argued that its not gonna fit. You seem to be the rule breaker for this as of now..
Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
No

This car is not mine. This was at the DUB show in chicago. But I believe the size is similar to the 20, 295/25/22

·
Registered
185 Posts
I like the 20/22 combo idea...not everybody drives a Corvette to squeeze every tenth of a second out of it. I wish I would've tried a set.;)

Steve

·
Registered
720 Posts
22's are too big, and belong on a truck, not a vette! 19/20's max.
Notice the stock brakes!! :smack

Shot at 2007-07-22

·
Registered
185 Posts
Ummmm, I would take that maroon Vette with the 22's in a heartbeat....I think its an AMAZING looking car:cheers:
Well, at least JETZ is one less person I have to compete with when that guy sells it:smack

Steve

·
Registered
720 Posts
Didn't say it didn't look good, just that 22's are too big, tooooo...pimp.
If 22's look good, why stop there, 30's can't be far off! :thud:
Remember it's a 'sports car', not a SUV.

Frank :cheers:

Ummmm, I would take that maroon Vette with the 22's in a heartbeat....I think its an AMAZING looking car:cheers:
Well, at least JETZ is one less person I have to compete with when that guy sells it:smack

Steve

·
Registered
534 Posts
i think 22's on any sports car looks horrible....to ghetto.....i personally wouldnt go any bigger than 19's.....20's isnt to bad though.....the only thing 22's and stuff looks good on is like SUV's...escalades and that kinda thing...even a truck shouldnt have that big of a wheel....20 is the max for a truck...and i prefer smaller....a 17 or 18 with a meaty tire looks awesome on a truck.....im still running old school on my truck...16x10's with courser C/T's....and i love the way it looks...but thats just me...the truck thing has alot of different good looking combo's....anyways, i think a 17/18 or 18/19 combo with a big lip on the back wheel looks awesome on a vette..its like pure perfection

·
Registered
3,963 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts

Shot at 2007-07-22
I know some of you don't agree with me but... I think that car is BAD ASS....

I would love to recreate it but with my CCW wheels that big, a MCM hood, my color of course and that back bumper... so so sexy. Oh yeah... Twin Turbo.... :hump:

Do you have more pics of that car??

·
Registered
185 Posts
Didn't say it didn't look good, just that 22's are too big, tooooo...pimp.
If 22's look good, why stop there, 30's can't be far off! :thud:
Remember it's a 'sports car', not a SUV.

Frank :cheers:
Funny thing is, you could buy 15 of those caprice's or what ever it is, for what those wheels cost....I think they are around 25-30 thousand dollars:crazy:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
caprice?

The " Ca-Pric-a ****" no worries, i dont hink those will fit on mine. lol
Damn, I always miss out.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts

Shot at 2007-07-22
I'll take that widebody Z with black 18/19's and some racing rubber.

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
Just asking, dont beat me up. I am running 20" at all four corners.
No issues here. Car is lowered. No rub anywhere.
Symbolic Wheels. 265/35 F 285/30 Rear.

Go over 20" and you'll have issues with the computer, service ABS, traction control ect.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I think you REALLY want a Coupe de ville! ;)

I know some of you don't agree with me but... I think that car is BAD ASS....

I would love to recreate it but with my CCW wheels that big, a MCM hood, my color of course and that back bumper... so so sexy. Oh yeah... Twin Turbo.... :hump:

Do you have more pics of that car??

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
This Car is an exception

The amount of work put into this car as far as body work goes is the reason some people think it may work. A couple of things to look at here are that fact that the lower he got the car to the ground, the more it doesnt look like a 22/20 combo. He achieved this by not only flaring the rear fenders but bringing them to the perfect spot where they sit over the tire along with the suspension adjustments. The lip spoiler in the front and the drop takes care of it looking to high. Its really all illusional, whats the saying, the greatest trick the devil pulled was making you believe he doesnt exist. (That would be a good SS vette comercial) sorry for getting off topic. How many thought this was a 22/20 set before you saw the tire size.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts