Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BY JEAN MIKLE
TOMS RIVER BUREAU

BRICK — A 22-year-old man was killed when the car he was driving south on the Garden State Parkway early this morning skidded across the median and struck a northbound vehicle head-on, state police said.

Trooper Edward Perrine of the State Police Sayreville barracks said the accident happened about 6:10 a.m., when the 22-year-old, who was driving a Chevrolet Corvette south in the left lane, suddenly swerved across the median into the northbound left lane.

The 22-year-old's vehicle collided head-on with an Acura being driven north in the left lane by a 54-year-old Dover Township man, Perrine said.

The Herbertsville Fire Company and Herbertsville First Aid both responded, along with MONOC paramedics, Perrine said. Both drivers had to be extricated from their vehicles, and both were transported to Jersey Shore University Medical Center, Neptune, by Alert Ambulance.

The 22-year-old was pronounced dead at the hospital. His name was being withheld by police because his relatives had not yet been notified of his death, Perrine said. He said State Police were still not sure where he lived.

The 54-year-old man suffered critical injuries in the accident, Perrine said. His name was also being withheld pending notification of his family.

All lanes of traffic on the northbound parkway were closed for about half an hour following the accident. Police then opened the right lane and shoulder for passing traffic.

The accident caused major traffic delays on the Parkway, with northbound traffic backed up for nearly 10 miles.

Perrine said police are seeking witnesses who may have been driving either north or south on the Parkway and saw the accident. Anyone with information on the accident should call Perrine at (732)
697-7604.

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060424/NEWS/60424015

·
Certified Stalker
4,077 Posts
On the surface, it seems to me like someone was driving way too fast on the GSP... Save it for the track, and R.I.P.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm 22, turning 23 in June but if speed was the factor in this accident I'm so glad the commercial truck driving jobs I had helped me enhance, judgment, accuracy and overall better driving sense. Whenever the day comes that I purchase my first Corvette, these stories will surely ride beside me in the passenger seat for consistent reminder :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Aleem 1983 said:
I'm 22, turning 23 in June but if speed was the factor in this accident I'm so glad the commercial truck driving jobs I had helped me enhance, judgment, accuracy and overall better driving sense. Whenever the day comes that I purchase my first Corvette, these stories will surely ride beside me in the passenger seat for consistent reminder :rolleyes:

It's a bleepin shame,youth is wasted on the young.Tonight there are two familys hurting because a youg man over estimated his abilitys.
I must confess when i here stories like this,i think back on my misguided youth and wonder why GOD spared me cause i have stared death twice in the face,that i know for sure, and lived to tell the tail.Here this youg man,with alot of promise is gone and another man,minding his own business is now severely hurt in a hospital.

·
Registered
10,035 Posts
ditto here same way

StillCrazy said:
It's a bleepin shame,youth is wasted on the young.Tonight there are two familys hurting because a youg man over estimated his abilitys.
I must confess when i here stories like this,i think back on my misguided youth and wonder why GOD spared me cause i have stared death twice in the face,that i know for sure, and lived to tell the tail.Here this youg man,with alot of promise is gone and another man,minding his own business is now severely hurt in a hospital.
???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts