Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew my 2004 C5 Coup got good gas mileage, but on a trip yesterday that covered 400 miles, it got the highest I've seen! 29.5 miles per gallon. :surprised It was all Interstate, driving either the posted limit or with the flow, but I was HIGHLY impressed. She's always got good mileage, but to almost get 30 mpg? :thud: I've been telling people who ask how I afford the gas for a Corvette with how high gas have gone that I probably get better gas mileage than than do. They never believe me. :laughing:

What a car! Power when you need, the BEST looking ride on the road, and I have to say, fantastic gas mileage to boot when it should! What more could you want form a car? :partyon:

I Love my Corvette! :excited:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Thats great. Mine used to do the same till I put all the mods on it. I have a 3800 stall converter and it locks up at 60mph. Like Overdrive. Rpm's low at high speeds. Great for gas saving. It's the in town point to point driving that kills my gas milage. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I have average about 24 to 25 mpg for the last 25000 miles in or c6z. Aint these things great...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have average about 24 to 25 mpg for the last 25000 miles in or c6z. Aint these things great...:thumbsup:
I used to think a Corvette was great, before I had one, but now, great just doesn't do it. They are more than great. They are, well, I don't know what word to use.

Anyone got any suggestions for properly describing a Vette? :) If you can do it in one word, I'd love to see it!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I get 29mpg at speed on the highway, 31-32 at the speed limit, all in a comfortable, great looking beast. Eat that PRIUS :partyon:

·
Supporting Vendor
825 Posts
Coincidence I found this thread today .

I was doing some tuning on my Vette and decided to check my highway gas mileage. I reset my MPG Avg. and I drove for about 10 miles or so. If I baby it and go with the flow,average MPG is about 28-29. That's with 720+rwhp on tap. Got to love it. Technology, isn't it great ? :D

·
Registered
939 Posts
I get 29mpg at speed on the highway, 31-32 at the speed limit, all in a comfortable, great looking beast. Eat that PRIUS :partyon:
:rolling: that is awesome!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Better than most of those boring bread & butter sedans.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I averqage over 28 on the highway at 75mph. IN twn I get around 15 - 16. At the road race track it's 1966 all over again 4 - 6.

Awesome cars. Best car I have owned.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
My trip to BowlingGreen, my 02 Z avg. 30.7mpg. A friend of mine had an 04 vert at the time and got 29. While we were in town I avg'ed 20 and he avg'ed 21. There was a little hwy driving involved tho.
Normally I get about 23 c/h. Last week I made it a point to accel quicker to the speed limit vs granny style and had 25 avg.:partyon:
No one at work can believe these cars can have power and fuel economy..:thumbsup:

·
Read Only
575 Posts
This is interesting. Look at what I found on fueleconomy.gov I would put these cars in the same performance class as the new Corvettes and look at what their fuel mileage is! It is incredible GM makes a car that is in the same category as these world class sports cars and maintains 30mph..... check it out!
Least Fuel Efficient Cars
Least Efficient Two Seaters
Lamborghini L-147/148 Murcielago , 12 cyl, 6.5 L, Man(6)
9 14

Least Efficient Minicompact Cars
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe Manual, 12 cyl, 5.9 L, Man(6)
11 18
Aston Martin DB9 Volante Manual, 12 cyl, 5.9 L, Man(6)

Least Efficient Subcompact Cars
Bentley Azure, 8 cyl, 6.7 L, Auto(6)
11 16

Least Efficient Compact Cars
Bentley Continental GT, 12 cyl, 6 L, Auto(6)
12 19

Least Efficient Midsize Cars
Ferrari 612 Scaglietti, 12 cyl, 5.7 L, Auto(6)
10 17

Least Efficient Large Cars
Bentley Arnage LWB, 8 cyl, 6.7 L, Auto(S6)
10 15

Least Efficient Small Station Wagons
Audi S4 Avant, 8 cyl, 4.2 L, Man(6)
15 21

Least Efficient Midsize Station Wagons
Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG, 8 cyl, 6.2 L, Auto(S7)
14 20

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I have to agree with your guys...a LOT of people are suprised about how good the fuel economy is on the Corvette. I happened to check yesterday, I haven't reset my avg. fuel econ. on my trip in about 2 months and it's steady at 26.7! That's a combined in town/highway on a 30 mile one way trip to and from work! Out on I-70 when I've run between KC and here (4 hour trip) I've checked a number of times and avg. between 30.8 and 32.1.
Like I've said before, I'm getting good "fan club" built up here in the area. Example: My sister in law has a friend that works in Russell (where I work) and told her friend "my brother in law works in Russell, he drives a blue Corvette" her friends response "Oh ya, I drive by that every day!" I'm telling you...I've lived out here since Jan. 6th and I've only seen 2 Corvettes! TWO! :laughing:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When I told my sister about the mileage I'm getting, she said "How can that be? How can a car that runs that like, have an engine that big, get that good of gas mileage?" :rolling: Because it's a Corvette, the perfect machine! She has an 04 Tundra and it's starting to break the bank for her to get back and forth to work. I said it before, I think I'll say it again.

I LOVE MY CORVETTE! :laughing:

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have to agree with your guys...a LOT of people are suprised about how good the fuel economy is on the Corvette. I happened to check yesterday, I haven't reset my avg. fuel econ. on my trip in about 2 months and it's steady at 26.7! That's a combined in town/highway on a 30 mile one way trip to and from work! Out on I-70 when I've run between KC and here (4 hour trip) I've checked a number of times and avg. between 30.8 and 32.1.
Like I've said before, I'm getting good "fan club" built up here in the area. Example: My sister in law has a friend that works in Russell (where I work) and told her friend "my brother in law works in Russell, he drives a blue Corvette" her friends response "Oh ya, I drive by that every day!" I'm telling you...I've lived out here since Jan. 6th and I've only seen 2 Corvettes! TWO! :laughing:

Oh, just what I needed to ask you. HOW do you RESET your avg. fuel econ. by yourself ??

I am asking you this, cause my computer keeps reseting it every time I start the car (which pi**es me off seriously, as miles range shows wrong data), I know I can reset Trip A, B but I didn't know DIC can meassure fuel consumption on a trip only, or does it?

Some info on this would be great, thanks

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,513 Posts
The 'instant' fuel average is constantly being updated by the computer but the 'average' should only be updated when you press the reset button. If the computer is resetting it something isn't working right

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yes, 'instant' fuel is supposed to change while driving, but average should stay "as is" until reset. I didn't know you can reset 'average' by pressing RESET button - that's new to me, will try that today.

In my case something must be wrong with this average auto reseting, I know I constantly get 3 (H) history codes in RFA code area (U1096,U1064,U1016). They don't cause any warning lights to pop up. Maybe it's a wire problem or sth. :huh:

thanks for that avg. fuel. econ. manual reseting tip, though :thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts