Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming with a good drag radial tire which setup on a heads and cam car would benefit a auto more and why?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Yes, a nice stall, 2800 converter will really liven a car up off the line. Both would work even better. With an A6, I'd go for the 3.73 gear.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would a converter work better than gears from rolling speeds like 40 to 140 in that type of powerband?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since not many know about this setup i will give Phil a call a DTE and see if his 3.15 gear would be reccommended for my car with the mods i have already in place.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yes, a nice stall, 2800 converter will really liven a car up off the line. Both would work even better. With an A6, I'd go for the 3.73 gear.
Remember, 3rd gear in the A6 is 1.53 not 1.00 like the A4. So the A6 is already like an A4 with a 3.92 rearend (2.56 x 1.53). If you go with a 3.73, that's equivalent to an A4 with a 5.70 rearend. The only problem is it will make first gear almost unusable. In my opinion I think GM got it right, great acceleration in the first 4 gears and great gas mileage in 6th. However, if you want more gear, don't go above 3.15 that DTE offers. Come to think of it, you can't anyway since nobody makes aftermarket gears except DTE.

·
Registered
240 Posts
3.15 gears ?

Since not many know about this setup i will give Phil a call a DTE and see if his 3.15 gear would be reccommended for my car with the mods i have already in place.
That setup is ABSOLUTELY reccommended for your car .AS a matter of fact , it is mandatory . I am guessing that you are making about 20 RWHP more than me , trust me , the 3.15 will bring out the beast [ if that is what you are wanting ]. First gear is not useless , as some people think . In fact , I now look for opportunities to use first gear . You will not be dissapointed .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts