Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well i bought it around 3/30 and its now 6/8.....just a fun reminder of where we started.....still some more to do....and if you haven't been following my other post it drives great.....

edit: just noticed my poor typing ability.....its a 69

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Remember where it started

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Wow! She's sure comin' along! I simply love the hood and front clip man. I just love custom sharks.:partyon:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
What amazing lines on that car!

A great looking resto.

·
Registered
677 Posts
It looks GREAT!Keep up the good work!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
That is awesome work!

Will you put crossflags on the gas tank lid?

That nose looks kind of heavy. Is it resting on the ground in that pic where you have a cushion under it?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Looking good Bob, you do good work.

·
Registered
89 Posts
bobs77vet

Hey Bob-Greetings from Long Branch,N,J,,Americas First Seashore Resort and 7 time summer Capitol of the U.S....NICE LOOKING RIDE....seeing that I'm partial to custom Vettes....Hope to see you at our 13th Annual Fathers Day Cruise to the Jersey Shore car show on the 17th at the LB boardwalk....I have a 70 ''in progress'' coupe on he road.
LEE

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Looks GREAT there....nice work....I love it....

It's remnicient of a friends shark up north that had similar headlights done like that, but his was anywhere as tricked out as yours....but his comments about it were that in Maryland, good old anal Maryland, the car could not be sold/regestered because the headlights were too LO to the ground, I forget the height requirement, 16-18"?....and sure enough an inspector affirmed that, wonder about New Jersey, or other states about that point???

you have it on the road?? did they give your any greif about that??

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thks guys....

no cross flags will go on the gas cap we want to minimize it not accentuate it

Lee tell me more about that cruise to LB

as a historic car in NJ you do not go through inspection so i don't know if it would pass or not

in the picture with the front tilted it is resting on the ground on a foam pad, you can see the prop rod leaning on the windshield if you look close

this has like 4.11s in it ......it just jumps off the line and the side pipes sound really sweet they must have the lower noise baffles in them because they sound just right

·
Registered
493 Posts
Its looking better and better :thumbsup: Surprised you havent done something with that gas cap though :laughing:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its looking better and better :thumbsup: Surprised you havent done something with that gas cap though :laughing:
its the next guys problem.......the only thing i'm gonna do with it is open it and put gas in it and continue to polish it

·
Registered
89 Posts
Bob-The 13th Annual Cruise to the Jersey Shore car show is an event for rods,customs,classics and race cars held at the L.B. oceanfront ,free admission,auto entry $10.00 ,proceeds benefit the local Ronald McDonald House,dash plaques,trophies,food,9.a.m. til 4 p.m....expecting close to 200 + to attend....its a great day at the boardwalk for car people to get together.
West End Cruise night July 14th featuring the ''DUPREES''in a free concert....West End Cruise night 2 August 11th featuring Richard Street of the ''TEMPTATIONS''in a free concert....Hope to see you and the VETTE at one of our events.
LEE

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bob-The 13th Annual Cruise to the Jersey Shore car show is an event for rods,customs,classics and race cars held at the L.B. oceanfront ,free admission,auto entry $10.00 ,proceeds benefit the local Ronald McDonald House,dash plaques,trophies,food,9.a.m. til 4 p.m....expecting close to 200 + to attend....its a great day at the boardwalk for car people to get together.
West End Cruise night July 14th featuring the ''DUPREES''in a free concert....West End Cruise night 2 August 11th featuring Richard Street of the ''TEMPTATIONS''in a free concert....Hope to see you and the VETTE at one of our events.
LEE

so its on sunday june 17 from 9am - 4pm...is it north or south of the hospital/train station area? and do you have to get there early or is open all day? thks bob

·
Supporting Vendor
3,771 Posts
Looks good Bob,I missed this whole thread so it's all new to me. Ws it a local car, did you paint it yourself? Great vette to mod anyway you want. I'm not partial to tilt noses myself but it sure makes engine work easier.
Good luck.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks good Bob,I missed this whole thread so it's all new to me. Ws it a local car, did you paint it yourself? Great vette to mod anyway you want. I'm not partial to tilt noses myself but it sure makes engine work easier.
Good luck.
gary i sent you a Pm with the story.....the tilt front really grows on you as you go to work on the car.....it makes you feel like you are working on an indy car.......i just colorsanded it in some spots and buffed it out....and buffed and buffed and buffed.....this one just for fun

·
Registered
89 Posts
BOB-The show is actually east of the hospital/train station on old Ocean Avenue in the area of Rooneys and the Ocean Place Resort and Spa....if you come into the city via route 36 take 36 to the end and turn right at Ocean Boulevard to the show....or take Broadway to the end to the show area....Hope you can make it....I really LIKE THAT RIDE!
LEE
From the train station area its Bath Avenue or Pavillion Avenue to Ocean Boulevard-north to the show.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts