Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Supporting Vendor
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a very limited time only with a limited quantity on hand!!! We are offering our new line of Polished Stainless Steel 1 7/8" primary Long tube headers for 30% off. That is over $170 in savings!!! **$452.50 to your door step.**

Get em' while you can with your tax return from Uncle Sam!! :partyon:

You can contact me by:
Phone: 507-581-3076
Email: [email protected]

**Continental US only, International shipping for an additional charge**

· Supporting Vendor
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweet, will these be readily available or will you be taking orders to form a batch to
be built? Will they also be stainless and at what price (ball park price)?

Thanks,
Riggs.
They will be done in a run. I may make a few sets to order though. Price will be in the $600 range I think.

· Supporting Vendor
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sweet, will these be readily available or will you be taking orders to form a batch to
be built? Will they also be stainless and at what price (ball park price)?

Thanks,
Riggs.
They will be done in a run. I may make a few sets to order though. Price will be in the $600 range I think.

· Registered
211 Posts
Josh,

Will they work with the factory style 68-72 sidepipes? I have a
set on my 80 using the stock exhaust manifolds.

Thoughts please

Rhino

· Registered
1,042 Posts
you guys can call him pretty much any time, he's in the shop most of the day and he'll call back if he misses your call. You can also email him at [email protected] and he gets that to the shop as well.

spezzy, its a 2 hour difference and Josh is usually up early till late. i live on the west coast and he usually picks up whenever i call (but you could text him ahead to see when he's got a minute to chat, always works)

and he's actually messing with the LS headers/pipes now so hopefully soon here we'll another awesome product :) :thumbsup:

you guys have his number? or you could use the Contact page on his site: http://www.customimagecorvettes.com/?page_id=18

· Supporting Vendor
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ordering a set. When is a good time to call you tomorrow? I live in SoCal if that makes a difference.
mrmarchuk hit the nail on the head. I am up early till late. I usually take calls from 8:00 am central time till at least 12:00 am central time.

talk to you tomorrow..

507-581-3076

· Supporting Vendor
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Josh,

Will they work with the factory style 68-72 sidepipes? I have a
set on my 80 using the stock exhaust manifolds.

Thoughts please

Rhino
I don't believe so because they are long tubes. I think the factory ones are mid lengths...

· Registered
22 Posts
I'll be in the market for new exhaust this spring and I've been toying around with the idea of side pipes. I know they didnt come on 1979 C3s, but on the earlier models. So my question is, is there a problem retrofitting a 79 with side pipes? Obviously, I'll need new headers (I was getting those anyway) and the side pipes themselves, but what else? Also, I live in Colorado, where they do emissions tests. Mine is old enough the emissions test isnt that strict, but they do check for a catalytic converter. Would I need to get two cats to place between the headers and side pipes, or can they be places inline in the pipes?

Which ever route I go, I'm definitely calling Custom Image. A lot of members on here have great things to say about them!

-Tony

· Premium Member
9,336 Posts
if you're required to have cats then you SOL with Hooker style sidepipes unless you figure out an ingenious way to slip some inside the sidetubes without causing anemic flow or a spot so hot on the tube that you'll actually melt the flesh instead of just burning it when you brush your calf against it. :laughing:

If you can get by without cats they your installation should be basically the same as earlier models. :thumbsup:

· Registered
19,496 Posts
;) go thru inspection w/ stock exhaust then install sidepipes:partyon:
Good till next inspection! :agree:
:laughing:

As for states that do emission testing-check with your DMV.
Some states have exemptions for old cars, show cars, and cars plated as antiques. :thumbsup:

You may be able to get around the whole emission thing.

:cheers:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.