Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Lars, Welcome to Digital Corvettes and Happy New Year!

I think your link shows and says all that has been leaking out drib by drab, it's pretty comprehensive. Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
in one of those pics it shows the top being stored in the back but it stores flat instead of at an angle. does this mean that anything else you put in the trunk will have to go on top of that or will the roof act as a privacy sheild for it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I love this car.

BowlingSS

:cheers:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Is it just me, or is this car a dissapointment for anybody else??
The specs are great, but It dosen't come close to the C5's looks.

I mean It looks like a cross between a mazda miata & a viper w/ a little mustang thrown in (side scoops).

I own a 69 vert & I hated the c4's & have drooled over the c5's since I frst saw one.

The lights look like cheap euro knock offs & the front clip looks, well mazdaish.

Maybe I just had higher hopes (styling wise)???:down:

·
Obsessive Customizer
535 Posts
ewalker302, I happen to agree with you. As a C5 owner I just don't seen the generation/styling change that we have come to expect from GM in the Corvette. Now if this was just an '04 model of the C5 I might view it a little differently. I suppose if I owned a C1-C4 or not one at all, the desgn might be appealing to me. Until I see one in person in April in Bowling Green I have to give it a :down: .

Those photos will be the ones you will see in the brochure at the dealerships. GM has always had good pictures for selling the vette. :thumbsup: on the picts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've already gone on record saying that I was disappointed with the C6 styling - not that I didn't like it - but just that I was expecting something more radical.

Well.... these pics are starting to change my mind! Thanks, Lars!
Best set of pics I've seen yet - I've saved each to a file. This C6 IS growing on me! The more I see, the more I see distinct styiling advances.

I'm sure as soon as I see it in person I'll want one! :partyon:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Looks like GM did a great job. I love all the subtle design changes. Many times I've felt my C5 was a little over the top in certain situations. I would not feel this way with the C6.

p.s. I love this forum...it's great to see some of my friends from that other forum here. Hats off to the Admins for the fantastic, modern layout of the front page and the color choices....makes that other forum look totally drab and out of touch!

·
Registered
60 Posts
merlin9668 said:
in one of those pics it shows the top being stored in the back but it stores flat instead of at an angle. does this mean that anything else you put in the trunk will have to go on top of that or will the roof act as a privacy sheild for it?
The simple three-lever release system makes the panel easier to remove, and the snap-in storage system makes it easier to stow. Small items, bags or briefcases can now be stored underneath the panel when it is stowed.

It looks to me like storing the top uses a lot of space.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Killer Looks

I have to agree on a couple of points... I like the look of the C5, but when the lights came up it looked old because of the newer technologies with lights these days and the flash-to-pass ability. I think the exposed lights gives it a more "beefier" look and almost makes the fenders become more prominent. With regards to the rear of the car they just took a little fat off of a fine cut of steak, it's still there, just "leaner and meaner".

I think once you see it in person you'll look at it and drool... I'm just looking at the pictures that are coming to light and can't wait to get one! But I appreciate your opinions, the C5 is not to be doubted as one of the classic Corvettes ever built! I wanted one of those but after seeing the new C6, I know where my money is going.... not to mention 400 horses!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts