Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
OK I googled and found this:

On May 4, 1970 the Ohio National Guard opened fire into a busy college campus during a school day. A total of 67 shots were fired in 13 seconds. Four students: (L to R) Allison Krause, William Schroeder, Jeffrey Miller, and Sandra Scheuer were killed. Nine students were wounded
I wasn't aware that happened in the 70's I thought that happened longer ago than that.

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
"Ohio"
As recorded by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young

Tin soldiers and Nixon's comin'.
We're finally on our own.
This summer I hear the drummin'.
Four dead in Ohio.

Gotta get down to it.
Soldiers are gunning us down.
Should have been done long ago.
What if you knew her and
Found her dead on the ground?
How can you run when you know?

Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na.

Gotta get down to it.
Soldiers are cutting us down.
Should have been done long ago.
What if you knew her and
Found her dead on the ground?
How can you run when you know?

Tin soldiers and Nixon's comin'.
We're finally on our own.
This summer I hear the drummin'.
Four dead in Ohio.
Four dead in Ohio.
Four dead in Ohio.
Four dead in Ohio.
Four dead in Ohio.
Four dead in Ohio.
Four dead in Ohio.
Four dead in Ohio.
Four dead in Ohio.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Arnie said:

The damn shame of it is, we the ones who where there in that time frame have allowed socity to forget what happen on this date and the even bigger shame is we havn't learned a danm thing from our mistakes.We who managed to live threw the Nam era thought that we the great nation we are would learn from our folly both over there as well as at home and here we are some 40 odd years later right back in the same damn mess we were back then and the damn shame of it all is that all the young people who are now dieing in the arab sand boxes will have died for nothing because when enough preasure is put on Bush he'll do like Johnson did tuck his tail and leave,leaving all my buddies who gave their life back then for nothing cause we RAN OUT,AND WE'LL DOER AGAIN.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
StillCrazy said:
The damn shame of it is, we the ones who where there in that time frame have allowed socity to forget what happen on this date and the even bigger shame is we havn't learned a danm thing from our mistakes.We who managed to live threw the Nam era thought that we the great nation we are would learn from our folly both over there as well as at home and here we are some 40 odd years later right back in the same damn mess we were back then and the damn shame of it all is that all the young people who are now dieing in the arab sand boxes will have died for nothing because when enough preasure is put on Bush he'll do like Johnson did tuck his tail and leave,leaving all my buddies who gave their life back then for nothing cause we RAN OUT,AND WE'LL DOER AGAIN.
nicely said..:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts