Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Thanks for sharing. The times I've been to Sebring for the 12 hour, it's the vintage Vettes that come out to play on Sunday which always got my blood circulating, even when I was racing something else. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
They race on the days before the big 12 hour race now. Also before the 12 hours is the vintage grand prix. I plan on going. I think it's in December. I'm going to sebring tomorrow to watch my cousin race the v8stockcar series. He should do pretty good.

·
Registered
421 Posts
True Sebring story...

On groundhog day, 1997, a front suspension failure put me in the armco at the entry to the carousel on the last lap of a FD 2000 race. Cost me 2nd and sent me to Highlands Regional.

On groundhog day, 1998, I managed to stuff a brand new Reynard into the very same section of barrier during testing. No hospital trip, and the Conseco insurance saved me thousands.

On groundhog day, 1999, I was observing a test. During a lull, I drove out to the carousel, got out of the car and kicked that rail and said, "There, are you satisfied!?!"

Don't know if any of that race track archeology is present, but I still miss the old place.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
True Sebring story...

On groundhog day, 1997, a front suspension failure put me in the armco at the entry to the carousel on the last lap of a FD 2000 race. Cost me 2nd and sent me to Highlands Regional.

On groundhog day, 1998, I managed to stuff a brand new Reynard into the very same section of barrier during testing. No hospital trip, and the Conseco insurance saved me thousands.

On groundhog day, 1999, I was observing a test. During a lull, I drove out to the carousel, got out of the car and kicked that rail and said, "There, are you satisfied!?!"

Don't know if any of that race track archeology is present, but I still miss the old place.
Where is the carousel? After the long back straight?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Where is the carousel? After the long back straight?
That's Sunset Bend, or # 17. The carousel is the longish, medium speed left before the sweeping straight that leads down to the "Safety Pin" chicane, and s/b #5 on the map.

racervette69, I know I recognize Atlanta. Did I also see Road America there. It would be very interesting to know where each shot was taken.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Road America, VIR, Chimney Rock Hillclimb, Wolf Ridge Hillclimb, Eagles Nest Hillclimb, Have all the log books starting with the first race.. I think it was autocrossed for a few years before it was turned into a BP car.. Have a written history of the car,,, thanks goes to Redvette, for that info.

have any more like the ones in pic #1?? if that silver coupe is a 64 w/ thumper flares and thats Black hawk Farms...it could be me too!!
redvetracr

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.