Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have been following this project for the past six years, and know of the major headaches that I have gone to I am extactic to post the following pictures for your enjoyment. After years and years of broken promises about 6 months ago I boxed up my car and took it to a new mechanic. He had a few projects to do before ours, but he has hit it hard for the past few months, and we are nearing putting the frame back on.

This was a previous thread on the project..

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146639

For your viewing enjoyment, and input..

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I am really excited. It has been such a difficult process. We are looking at wheels now. I will post the possibles later.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Yellow '79! I love it.
Spare no expense. Live my dream.
Bee Jay

·
Registered
376 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We had the headers coated by JetHot. It took them about a month because the Headers where on back order.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Saaaaaaaaa-wheat!

Another good looking '79. :D

I see you've got a big open area between the frame rails where the cross member used to be. (Looks like a 2 inch bar is in there now). Any comment on that idea? I can't say anything about it. Just wondering your thoughts on it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Really nice Will be looking forward to seeing that beauty completed. Mine is at the exhaust shop and will be nearlly complete when the exhaust is handled.

Awesome job......

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Saaaaaaaaa-wheat!

Another good looking '79. :D

I see you've got a big open area between the frame rails where the cross member used to be. (Looks like a 2 inch bar is in there now). Any comment on that idea? I can't say anything about it. Just wondering your thoughts on it.
We replaced the transmission with a 700r4 therefor the original crossmember was not compatable. A company called bowtie overdrives manufactures that bolt on replacement crossmember.

I do not believe that it will affect too much, I hope that the chassis doesn't flex to much now. I will keep you posted how it turns out. If it is aweful, I will have to figure out something else. Perhaps mounting the original crossmember further back.

I do like the massive weight savings though.

http://www.bowtieoverdrives.com/catalog/catalog_inc/viewitem.php?ITEMID=112

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Very Very nice! You must be excited and I hope to see a lot more pictures of updates! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will definately keep the photos comming. I hope to get a video when we fire the engine up.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also,

Have any of you used Stainless works? We needed to use them because of they were the only ones that we could find with a bung for the oxygen sensor.

I had originally planned to put hookers, but they cancelled that line.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Car looks great... The wait will be worth it, and it sounds like you have the itch again. I have been waiting just under a year and I got the itch when I was told the body went back on. I have a similar pic of mine.
, sorry not trying to hijack your thread just enjoying the thrill with you since we are both so close.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts