Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

383 finally dropped in!

4K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  ElCid79 
#1 ·
For those of you who have been following this project for the past six years, and know of the major headaches that I have gone to I am extactic to post the following pictures for your enjoyment. After years and years of broken promises about 6 months ago I boxed up my car and took it to a new mechanic. He had a few projects to do before ours, but he has hit it hard for the past few months, and we are nearing putting the frame back on.

This was a previous thread on the project..

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146639

For your viewing enjoyment, and input..

:thumbsup:

See less See more
#5 ·
Yellow '79! I love it.
Spare no expense. Live my dream.
Bee Jay

#7 ·
I am your father, Luke.

#11 ·
Saaaaaaaaa-wheat!

Another good looking '79. :D

I see you've got a big open area between the frame rails where the cross member used to be. (Looks like a 2 inch bar is in there now). Any comment on that idea? I can't say anything about it. Just wondering your thoughts on it.

#13 ·
We replaced the transmission with a 700r4 therefor the original crossmember was not compatable. A company called bowtie overdrives manufactures that bolt on replacement crossmember.

I do not believe that it will affect too much, I hope that the chassis doesn't flex to much now. I will keep you posted how it turns out. If it is aweful, I will have to figure out something else. Perhaps mounting the original crossmember further back.

I do like the massive weight savings though.

http://www.bowtieoverdrives.com/catalog/catalog_inc/viewitem.php?ITEMID=112

#17 ·
Also,

Have any of you used Stainless works? We needed to use them because of they were the only ones that we could find with a bung for the oxygen sensor.

I had originally planned to put hookers, but they cancelled that line.

Thoughts?

#19 ·
Car looks great... The wait will be worth it, and it sounds like you have the itch again. I have been waiting just under a year and I got the itch when I was told the body went back on. I have a similar pic of mine.
, sorry not trying to hijack your thread just enjoying the thrill with you since we are both so close.:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.