Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I wiped out the bottom end of my engine I have an 75 L-48 8.5 CR
Can I put a 383 rotating assembly in with the stock heads? I wanted to build a 383 to drop in eventually, I just didn't expect to need to do this so soon , and funds are REALLY tight right now. what CR would I wind up having?:huh:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yes and do you really want to. They will work but the performance or should I say the potential would be smothered. 383's like to breath and the L 48 heads not a good choice.

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
It will work, but you will want to replace them in the future to get the full potential out of the build.

Compression wise, it is hard to say for sure but I think depending on the pistons you run (flat top with relief for the valves) and standard head gaskets will get you into the mid/high 9s.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
69MyWay said:
It will work, but you will want to replace them in the future to get the full potential out of the build.

Thats the general Idea. If I need to do the bottom end let me lay the ground work..I can replace heads and cam a little later when money is available..I just can't deal with not driving the Vette in this weather~!!:bang

1 - 4 of 4 Posts