Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to get new tires for my y2k wheels and decided to sell them instead and get some seriously fat rubber on the car. I love the look and hope the cheap sumimotos stick at the autocross that I'll be running on the 11th. I'm pretty confident they'll seriously help my times. :partyon:

You'll have to make due with the low light cell phone pix for now...

·
DC Crew
32,976 Posts
Looks fantastic!! I love my sumitomos. I'll be interested to hear how you like them on the track.

·
DC Pit Crew Boss
4,165 Posts
That looks great!!! I loved my sumitomos, great tire on wet/dry pavement and stick fairly good. I had 275's in the front and 285's in the rear, so the 315's at all 4 corners are going to be alot of fun!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So far, everything looks good. Have heard of plenty of track guys running 315s all around so I wasn't concerned. Have only driven it to the spot where I took the pics, about a quarter mile with some sharp turns to get through the parking lot, I didn't hear any rubbing. Even my brake ducts seem to clear, but I haven't looked in the daylight yet. Well hopefully get to take her for a spin this afternoon when I drop my kid off at home for lunch. I so wish I had a switch to turn off the passenger side air bag...

·
Registered
633 Posts
So far, everything looks good. Have heard of plenty of track guys running 315s all around so I wasn't concerned. Have only driven it to the spot where I took the pics, about a quarter mile with some sharp turns to get through the parking lot, I didn't hear any rubbing. Even my brake ducts seem to clear, but I haven't looked in the daylight yet. Well hopefully get to take her for a spin this afternoon when I drop my kid off at home for lunch. I so wish I had a switch to turn off the passenger side air bag...
Best of luck! My thoughts are, if they don't scrub just a little on the hardest of turns they aren't big enough! :)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. Not to shabby for a phone huh?

Well, I swapped cars at lunch and got to take the big meats for a spin. WHOOOO HOOOOO, is really all I need to say. Tons of grip, not that I was remotely pushing it on the street, smooth, and very quite tires. All this after riding on Michelins for a year and a half. I'm very impressed so far, but the true test will be next weekend. I also took some clearance shots that I'll post later when I get a chance. Looks like I've got plenty of room to spare. Come on 5:30, I want to go for a drive!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Looks great.:thumbsup:

I run 315's on all 4 corners on my C5. I have Sumitomos that I ran during practice and qualifying on my race weekend because it was raining. They seem to be a decent tire. The thing that is negative about them is.... The looks at the paddocks you get from the other guys. They shake their head on how you can buy some sticky scrubs for the price of new Sumitomos.

Jr.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The thing that is negative about them is.... The looks at the paddocks you get from the other guys. They shake their head on how you can buy some sticky scrubs for the price of new Sumitomos.
If that's the only thing negative you have about them, then I'm golden. People can look and shake their heads all they want! Thanks for the feedback. I look forward to an HPDE on these bad boys too. Hopefully this fall, as I'd like it to be a bit cooler at Sebring Raceway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts