Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much tourque is a stock 4+3 trans good too? Ive heard it was stronger than the ZF6, and cheaper to rebuild/maintain. Anyone have any insight, especiall how much tourque it will take?

·
Registered
16 Posts
How much tourque is a stock 4+3 trans good too? Ive heard it was stronger than the ZF6, and cheaper to rebuild/maintain. Anyone have any insight, especiall how much tourque it will take?
All I know is that they made some improvemnents (I believe) in 86 for strength and durability, don't remember but I think a shaft or bearing size was increased. So if you are pre 86, i would consider the upgrade kit.

The complete rebuild kit is around $300 or you can purchase a completely rebuilt one for around 1,300. Can't help ya on the torque specs, sorry.

http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?pf_id=43939&dept_id=1849

·
Registered
26 Posts
I believe it was used in the 1987 B2K Callaway Twin Turbo, which made 465 lb/ft...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts