Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need a rebuild kit??? some one told me 1970 muncie shifters simular with reverse lock out. 86' to 88' same overdrive switch in shifter button:buhbye:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Less and less parts by the day.If you go on a vendors web site that sells trany's,i looked up the 4 x 3,they don't even sell rebuils anymore,they say this..
Best Replacement For Doug Nash 4+3 Transmission

Less Costly And Better Performance Than Rebuilding Original

According to Corvette Fever Magazine, this transmission is the best replacement for the original equipment 4+3 transmission. Unlike the 4+3 which in practical use is a four speed with an overdrive, the Richmond gives you five gears plus an overdrive. Sold as a kit with everything needed to install, we have equipped this transmission with the ideal gear ratio set for the best possible street performance. Includes transmission with shifter.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
4+3

thanks again, i don't need a $3,000 dollar six speed all i need is a couple of
lousy .25 cent bushings to take the slop out of my shifter.
and my car at times can cruise around town in 1st and overdrive so instead of x7 forward ratios i have x8 at times. and for drag racing the less gear changes possible the better 4th; is 1 to 1. when car was new and cruising at low highway speeds in over drive and soft on the gas i could easily knock down over 30 miles to the gallon. i know factory six speed gear box have doulble overdrive and i assume the richmond has the same set up. isn't this the same tranny used in vipers......what are the best street ratios for 6 sp.
thank you....jarrod:thud:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts