Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what the 4 holes are for under my 99. I know they are at the lift points, but if they are not being used for that, should they be plugged up? Thanks.

Luke47

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
You can buy the lifting pucks for you car and leave them in but I wouldn't recomend it:D

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Don't see any reason to plug them. They are directly in the frame.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can anyone tell me what the 4 holes are for under my 99. I know they are at the lift points, but if they are not being used for that, should they be plugged up? Thanks.

Luke47
They were frame mount locations when the car was being built. They are now frame hoist locations and "pucks" are used to keep the hoist from wrecking the rocker panels. Do a search on the 'net and this and other forums for "corvette jacking" and to will see pucks that have been made (yep from real hockey pucks) and bought. The pucks click into those holes when in use.

Try this thread.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Lift pucks

As others have mentioned they are used to put the lift pucks in the slots. Very important to use when raising the vette,,, damage to the body can result not using them.

I made my own ... el cheepo version ! :laughing:

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
As others have mentioned they are used to put the lift pucks in the slots. Very important to use when raising the vette,,, damage to the body can result not using them.

I made my own ... el cheepo version ! :laughing:

el cheepo indeed :laughing:

but im sure they work just the same for more then half the cost:thumbsup:

·
Caps Lock, cause it's for serious.
286 Posts
Do not Plug them, If you ever need a wrecker, they can hook from there and pull it up the ramp

·
Registered
284 Posts
As noted above, they are the jacking points.

Many indicate that pucks are necessary for jacking, and to some extent that is true. However there is another solution - the frame saver rails. The provide multiple benefits - jacking points are more numerous, and they can assist in saving the under carriage painted areas (especially when encountering 'high' speed bumps on lowered Vettes).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do not Plug them, If you ever need a wrecker, they can hook from there and pull it up the ramp
:agree: :agree:
Then when the driver gets it on the bed, they can use the holes to hook the safety chains and not hook the control arms.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts