Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a cool new Corvette book, described as:

Witness Corvette's 1953 Motorama debut, the fervor generated by the Blue Flame Special, and the excitement surrounding the Indy Pace Cars and the ZR-1. Previously unpublished Corvette stories and never-before seen historical photographs complement 100 stunning, new color photos. From standard production models to such legendary racing models as the Sebring and Grand Sport, Leffingwell details their histories and delivers a full half-century of Corvette history. Hardcover, 10 1/2x 12, 384 pp, 400 color and 50 b/w

You can order it at www.motorbooks.com, it's $50.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the book better than most of the Corvette coffee table books that I have???

f so, I think it's going to be on order...

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
waaaah!

Yea, maybe I got underwear for Christmas, but I get to go to Daytona Beach for the CF Florida cruise-in!

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
LOL! Well... ummm... maybe I just don't want to go... to... warm and sunny... Florida...

YOU SUCK! :p

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BubbleHead said:
LOL! Well... ummm... maybe I just don't want to go... to... warm and sunny... Florida...

YOU SUCK! :p
actually ... i do have a free passenger seat ... and i got an oceanfront room with two queen beds ...

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Patrick,

I searched back to the oldest thread I could find. Then I hit "previous thread" until it wouldn't allow me to do so any more. Doing that I found this. So I assume this is the first thread on DigitalCorvettes(When you were still Patrick96LT4). You recently sold the site and I thought it would be neat to just look back and see where it all started. It appears ironically enough that it started with you discussing going to the Florida CF cruise in:laughing: . In the last seven years you have gone from Patrick96LT4 to Patrick ****ing Gramm. You provided over 100,000 Corvette lovers a community to come in, kick back and discuss whatever we felt like. Whether it be politics, Corvettes, babes or the weather. Your dedication to the betterment of this site and the Corvette community is admirable. Be it chaining two Corvettes nose to nose and destroying the DCZ(If clutch failure hadn't occurred, would Becky have done the same to the DC C6?) or standing up for a member being harassed by a no count engine builder. You are still very active on the site but you will soon be moving to Arizona and pouring your heart and soul into getting Gramm Productions off the ground. I have faith you will succeed like you did with a small, blue screened Corvette site back in 2003. So before the majority of your time is invested in that venture I just wanted to say thank you for this site, and making it what it is today.

Daniel

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Interesting... a dialogue between members #1, #2 and #3.

If there's a previous thread, it's no more than a week older.

This is kind of like witnessing the "Big Bang".

:thumbsup:

·
You've been pimped!!
15,297 Posts
WOW...nice find...an 8 post thread between members 1, 2 and 3.

Patrick certainly did us good....and now we're going to see what else he has to offer the Corvette world...

Something is brewing...I can feel it...Ponch dressed as one of the Village People here in FL...Jim Cahill recently posted again...something is gonna pop...

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Patrick,

I searched back to the oldest thread I could find. Then I hit "previous thread" until it wouldn't allow me to do so any more. Doing that I found this. So I assume this is the first thread on DigitalCorvettes(When you were still Patrick96LT4). You recently sold the site and I thought it would be neat to just look back and see where it all started. It appears ironically enough that it started with you discussing going to the Florida CF cruise in:laughing: . In the last seven years you have gone from Patrick96LT4 to Patrick ****ing Gramm. You provided over 100,000 Corvette lovers a community to come in, kick back and discuss whatever we felt like. Whether it be politics, Corvettes, babes or the weather. Your dedication to the betterment of this site and the Corvette community is admirable. Be it chaining two Corvettes nose to nose and destroying the DCZ(If clutch failure hadn't occurred, would Becky have done the same to the DC C6?) or standing up for a member being harassed by a no count engine builder. You are still very active on the site but you will soon be moving to Arizona and pouring your heart and soul into getting Gramm Productions off the ground. I have faith you will succeed like you did with a small, blue screened Corvette site back in 2003. So before the majority of your time is invested in that venture I just wanted to say thank you for this site, and making it what it is today.

Daniel
Awe, dude, you rock.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Interesting... a dialogue between members #1, #2 and #3.

If there's a previous thread, it's no more than a week older.

This is kind of like witnessing the "Big Bang".

:thumbsup:
:laughing:

Here's a "bar thread" from day #2 of DigitalCorvettes.com

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4

All day #1 threads appear to have been deleted. They were probably "test test test ... does this forum work ... test test test"

·
Registered
2,532 Posts

Here's a "bar thread" from day #2 of DigitalCorvettes.com

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4

All day #1 threads appear to have been deleted. They were probably "test test test ... does this forum work ... test test test"
~Patrick taps microphone, feedback ensues~ Um, testing, testing 1-2, testing 1-2-3. Is this thing on?

Out of curiosity real quick. I always noticed a very high percentage of the first 100 members were from your neck of the woods, which stands to reason. Where did Punk Boy come in? I guess I could simply ask him but never had thought about it until now. When I was going through and saw that he was member #4 and a KY boy like me and a vast majority of the remaining 100 were IL or Canada it piqued my interest.

But again, thank you.:thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts