Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Wanting a full 400, or more, rear wheel HP for your Corvette? LG has just the package for you. Starting with our famous LG Pro Long Tube headers for unbeatable torque and horsepower, we then added the Borla Z06 3" touring muffler system to finish off the exhaust. Add a cold air intake for a cool shot of air. Finally we topped the LS2 off with the incredible FAST 90mm intake manifold for that added touch and even more mid range RPM torque and horsepower.

Car: 2006 M6 Z51

Modifications:
LG Pro Long Tube headers
Borla Z06 Touring mufflers
cold air induction
NON-ported FAST 90mm intake

40+ RWHP Gain
55+ RWTQ Gain

*please note, this car does NOT have a ported throttle body, ported FAST, or underdrive pulley.

Stock vs. Final

As always feel free to contact myself, or any one of us here at LG Motorsports for a package like this, or one tailored for your own Corvette.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Got my interest! Can you list a price for this package? Regardless, I think I'm gonna be making a trip your way real soon...

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hi guys,

Wanting a full 400, or more, rear wheel HP for your Corvette? LG has just the package for you. Starting with our famous LG Pro Long Tube headers for unbeatable torque and horsepower, we then added the Borla Z06 3" touring muffler system to finish off the exhaust. Add a cold air intake for a cool shot of air. Finally we topped the LS2 off with the incredible FAST 90mm intake manifold for that added touch and even more mid range RPM torque and horsepower.

Car: 2006 M6 Z51

Modifications:
LG Pro Long Tube headers
Borla Z06 Touring mufflers
cold air induction
NON-ported FAST 90mm intake

40+ RWHP Gain
55+ RWTQ Gain

*please note, this car does NOT have a ported throttle body, ported FAST, or underdrive pulley.

Stock vs. Final

As always feel free to contact myself, or any one of us here at LG Motorsports for a package like this, or one tailored for your own Corvette.
Those are great #'s!!!! but 357.3 rwhp stock? I haven't seen any STOCK C6's w/that much rwhp? even on C6 manual trans? average there about 345-the highest I ever saw was 350 rwhp from 100's of stock dynos posted over the last couple years, that would equal about 430 crank hp stock? I have 360 rwhp 360rwto w/vararam/&spacer cat-back bullets & full dyno tune, If I buy your LG headers, and FAST 90 intake, and remove dyno tune, would you be willing to offer a money back guarantee? when I fall short of your dyno claims? I didn't/wouldn't think so, point is your results aren't "A" typical quite the anomaly wouldn't you say?

But I guess you being a tuner must see quite a bit more stock dynos than I. and dyno machines ie settings, vary along w/humidity/weather DA etc.. so I guess w/optimal conditions your results are possible but come on deff not the norm:huh:

Sorry I don't mean to slam or flame you here, quite the opposite very big fan of all your products, just doubt this will be the average outcome w/these minor bolt-ons, or do you care to take on my challenge?:D thank you for tolerating my questioning, you're still the # 1 tuner in the game as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
939 Posts
This particular car is using the HallTech.
Which HallTech? Are we just talking about the stinger here? or the killer bee setup...

Reason I ask is because I just got the K&N CAI and the Borla Exhaust... so all I have to get from LG is the header/x-pipe setup with the throttle body, a tune and I should be good to go, right?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Which HallTech? Are we just talking about the stinger here? or the killer bee setup...

Reason I ask is because I just got the K&N CAI and the Borla Exhaust... so all I have to get from LG is the header/x-pipe setup with the throttle body, a tune and I should be good to go, right?
Where did they say they replaced the throttle body, or tune??:WTF :huh:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Those are great #'s!!!! but 357.3 rwhp stock? I haven't seen any STOCK C6's w/that much rwhp? even on C6 manual trans? average there about 345-the highest I ever saw was 350 rwhp from 100's of stock dynos posted over the last couple years, that would equal about 430 crank hp stock?
Here's at least one and over at Corvette Forum, there's a list of many others. Granted I don't put much stock in dyno's either, numbers can be manipulated. However, LGMotorsports I assume does work on cars that race being they are well known. If their dyno numbers aren't equating to good track times, I think they would be called on it. Just a guess on my part. As it is, my car with long-tubes, cat-back, ported intake and rockers couldn't break 400rwhp, even with aggressive tuning. Close, within 3rwhp but with my Vararam, I probably hit 400rwhp at speed. Then again, I'm not sure my track times equate to 400rwhp or the driver, me, simply can't run the car with 400hp :D

Just got the car off the dyno (I'm sitting in the lobby at DTE :))

Base dyno (Dynajet), as delivered from GM with 93 octane gas in the tank:

354.44 RWHP 354.90 RWTQ. After tune: 363.94 & 358.22

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The throttle body is stock, and yes the car was professionally tuned here at LG.

As far as stock numbers go for M6 cars. Most of the 2005 cars were in the 340-350 range. Almost all 2006-2007 cars have been over 350rwhp stock. The highest I believe we have seen was a 2007 M6 Z51 car that put down 361rwhp :surprised

This car had the base C6 HallTech Stinger system.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Where did they say they replaced the throttle body, or tune??:WTF :huh:
Yikes... sorry for mis-reading. You guys are ruthless

·
Registered
939 Posts
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

It's all good:thumbsup:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts